If you are interested in going on a deep dive into where you can buy wine, liquor, and beer in Charlotte together you are in the right place. Our only real objective is to cover as much as we can in this alcohol guide.
Kicking this off will be a list of the best liquor stores and wine shops in your area. Those that are ready to go pick up a bottle of vodka, tequila, wine, or a case of beer will be filled in first so they can get the party started soon.
Once the stores are out of the way we will get into the best local breweries and beer bars, and a list of Charlotte wine bars will follow that up. Wineries and vineyards will get a shout out, and we will round this all out by mentioning some of the best happy hours near you to buy cheap alcoholic drinks after your work day ends.
Towards the end you will find an alcohol map for the area with all of the various venues we are mentioning pinned on it. You are all welcome to check out some of our other blogs on other cities in this part of the world there if you like.
Best Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In Charlotte
Our favorite liquor stores and wine shops in Charlotte to buy vodka, tequila, a case of beer, or a bottle of wine would be:
- Mecklenburg County ABC Store at 125 Cherry St
- Total Wine & More at 1600 E Woodlawn Rd
- Assorted Table Wine & Shop at 224 E 7th St
- Bond Street Wines at 605 Providence Rd
- Petit Philippe at 2820 Selwyn Ave #160
- Vin Master at 2000 South Blvd #610
- Concord ABC at 854 Union St S, Concord
- The Wine Room at 5401 Village Dr NW, Concord
- USVI Wine Company at 167 Union St S, Concord
- Gastonia ABC Store at 1840 S York Rd #1848, Gastonia
- Grape & Barley at 1933 Hoffman Rd #4, Gastonia
- O’Darby’s Fine Wine & Spirits at 1421 Riverchase Blvd, Rock Hill
Brand’s Party Shop at 1325 Cherry Rd, Rock Hill
- Corkscrew Wine Shoppe & Bar at 16916 Birkdale Commons Pkwy D, Huntersville
- The Hidden Bin at 130 Landings Dr #102, Mooresville
Mecklenburg County ABC provides a wide variety of alcoholic beverages and mixers from 12:30pm to 9pm Monday through Saturday. Total Wine and More has everything you need from beers to cigars to accessories and even offers discounts, educational classes and events, and free weekly tastings.
Assorted Table carries a selection of handpicked wines, vermouths, and artisan cocktail components like bitters, aromatized wines, cocktail cherries, and tonics. High quality wines are sold in your area from all across the world at Bond Street Wines.
Petit Philippe sells wines, chocolates, and other luxuries from 10am to 7pm Monday through Wednesday and until 8pm Thursday through Saturday. Vin Master is a local wine bar and shop offering wines by the glass, bottle, and flight plus they have craft beers, cheese plates, and soft pretzels.
You can choose from a large selection of liquors and other products from 9am to 9pm Monday through Saturday at Concord ABC. The Wine Room is a fully equipped retail store with a customized bistro menu as well as an exceptional wine and craft beer selection near you that is open from 11am to 10pm Monday through Thursday and until 12am on Friday and Saturday.
A large selection of wines and afternoon snacks including rich real cheeses and meats are featured at The USVI Wine Company. The Gastonia ABC Store provides distilled spirits and liquors for retail and wholesale six days a week.
You can buy high quality artisan wines and craft beers that are brewed on site at Grape and Barley. O’Darby’s is a well known supplier of high quality liquors, fine wines, and craft beers in Rock Hill that is open from 9am to 7pm Monday through Saturday.
A diverse selection of liquors, spirits, wines, beers, kegs, mixers, and bar supplies are available at Brand’s Party Shop from 9am to 7pm Monday through Saturday. Corkscrew Wine Shoppe and Bar is a wine destination in Huntersville with a corky casual vibe.
The Hidden Bin is a shop and tasting bar in Mooresville offering wines on tap, by the bottle, and by the case as well as a range of craft beers from 3pm to 9:30pm Tuesday through Thursday and from 12pm on Friday and Saturday.
Breweries & Beer Bars Near You
There are some nice breweries and beer bars in town like:
- Sugar Creek Brewing Company at 215 Southside Dr
- Divine Barrel Brewing at 3701 N Davidson St #203
- Fonta Flora Brewery at 1115 N Brevard St #d
- Southern Strain Beer Company at 165 Brumley Ave NE #3001, Concord
- Buzzed Viking Brewing Concord at 1048 Copperfield Blvd NE #101, Concord
- Cavendish Brewery at 207 N Chester St, Gastonia
- Gaston Pour House at 170 S South St #103B, Gastonia
- Legal Remedy Brewing at 129 Oakland Ave, Rock Hill
- Primal Brewery Huntersville at 16432 Old Statesville Rd, Huntersville
- Old Armor Beer Company at 211 West Ave, Kannapolis
- King Canary Brewing at 562 Williamson Rd, Mooresville
Sugar Creek is a rustic brewery and taproom near you providing craft and foreign beers as well as tasty appetizers. An industrial chic tasting room and a cutting edge beer machine are featured at Divine Barrel Brewing.
Fonta Flora Brewery features a taproom where you may get local draught beers and packaged goods to take home. Crisp lagers, West Coast IPA’s, fruited sours, and silky stouts are served at Southern Strain Beer Company.
Buzzed Viking Brewing in Concord is a locally owned and run brewery, meadery, and restaurant. Cavendish is a great brewery in your area specializing in unique and one of a kind old world beers.
Craft beers, brown spirits, and traditional cocktails as well as live music and open mic nights are available at Gaston Pour House. Legal Remedy has over 24 taps of craft beers produced in the region.
For almost 10 years Primal Brewery in Huntersville has been making various beers for different tastes and stylistic preferences. Superb craft beers are served in a welcoming environment at Old Armor Beer Company.
Since 2018 King Canary Brewing has been providing a diverse assortment of exceptional beers in Mooresville.
Wine Bars In Charlotte
Charlotte wine bars are a great place to relax with friends as well as being good options for a date night:
- The Wine Loft at 2201 South Blvd #120
- The Bohemian at 1319 Pecan Ave
- Foxcroft Wine Co at 1235 East Blvd #I
- The Wine Room at 5401 Village Dr NW, Concord
- Lotus Bar & Eatery at 1941 Hoffman Rd #1, Gastonia
- Corks, Cooks, & Books at 295 Herlong Ave #401, Rock Hill
- Grounds & Vine at 6001 Gateway Center Dr, Kannapolis
- Wine Maestro at 690 A Bluefield Rd, Mooresville
The Wine Loft serves wine by the glass or bottle alongside unique tapas in a classy atmosphere. More than 400 bottles and 18 rotating wines by the glass are available at The Bohemian.
Foxcroft makes delectable meals from scratch and offers a wide selection of high quality wines in your area from wineries, vineyards, and winemakers from across the world. A wide array of beers and wines in Gastonia as well as modern American comfort foods and Southern cuisine are available at Lotus Bar and Eatery.
Corks, Cooks, and Books is a local wine bar, bookshop, and retail shop featuring a variety of artisan bottles as well as new books from a number of publishers. You can visit them from 11am to 9pm Tuesday through Saturday.
Grounds and Vine serves wonderful wines, incredible coffee beverages, delectable meals, and fresh beers on tap in Kannapolis and even has regional art and live music. Wine Maestro is a wine shop, restaurant, and bar serving excellent beverages and artisan wines along with live music.
Wineries & Vineyards In Your Area
Head to one of these wineries or vineyards near you to see how the sausage gets made:
- Seven Jars at 6148-A Brookshire Blvd
- Dover Vineyards at 3600 Concord Pkwy S, Concord
- Cabo Winery at 37 Union St S, Concord
- Cats Paw Winery at 1567 Fayrene Rd, Rock Hill
- Douglas Vineyards at 7696 Freeze Rd, Kannapolis
Seven Jars is a one-of-a-kind winery, brewery, and distillery that not only makes local wines, beers, and spirits but also teaches you how to produce them. They are open from 10am to 5pm on weekdays and until 4pm on Saturday.
Dover Vineyards is a farm stand and vineyard producing natural and pleasant wines. A large selection of carefully selected wines are available at Cabo Winery in Concord.
Cat’s Paw Winery boasts numerous kinds of authentic handcrafted white and red wines and offers a tasting room in Rock Hill that has spaces for gatherings, to make new friends, and a shopping section. You can visit them from 12pm to 8pm Thursday through Saturday.
Douglas Vineyards is a family run vineyard producing handcrafted wines from 11am to 6pm on Friday and Saturday and 1pm to 5pm on Sunday. Tastings near you also take place at Total Wine and More, The Hidden Bin, and Dilworth Tasting Room from some different lists.
Best Local Happy Hours
You can buy cheaper alcoholic drinks if you know when and where the best Charlotte happy hours are:
- Graham St. Pub & Patio at 400 S Graham St
- Whiskey Warehouse at 1221 The Plaza
- Dilworth Tasting Room at 300 E Tremont Ave
- Hotshots Sports Bar & Grill at 7731 Gateway Ln NW, Concord
- The Brass Tap at 819 Terrace Park, Rock Hill
- Hangar 33 at 807 Williamson Rd #110, Mooresville
Whiskey Warehouse is a trendy pub offering some of the best happy hours in Charlotte starting at 5pm. Dilworth Tasting Room is an open air brick walled wine bar providing happy hours on liquor in your area seven days a week.
Happy hours in Concord are available from 3pm to 6pm at Hotshots Sports Bar and Grill. The Brass Tap is a lively pub with a terrace that provides liquor specials in Rock Hill until 8pm on weekdays and all day on Tuesday on Sunday. Hangar 33 is a locally owned and run tavern with happy hours starting at 3pm.
We have also written about:
- Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In Raleigh
- Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In Asheville
- Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In Winston-Salem
- Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In Charleston
Enjoy Drinking Wine, Liquor, & Beer In Charlotte
We wish we had more to share but we will try to keep this page as up to date as we can. Hopefully you learned at least a little something about all of the local liquor stores, wine shops, breweries, beer bars, wine bars, wineries, vineyards, and happy hours in your area.
Don’t be afraid to let us know if you found anything incorrect on this page in the comments, we want to keep this info as accurate as we can. Now go have fun drinking wine, liquor, or beer in Charlotte.