We are all about to dive deep into where you can buy wine, liquor, and beer in Chicago together over the next few minutes. Our only real objective is to cover as much as we can in this alcohol guide.
Kicking this off will be a list of the best liquor stores and wine shops in your area. Those that are ready to go pick up a bottle of vodka, tequila, wine, or a case of beer will be filled in first so they can get the party started soon.
Once the stores are out of the way we will get into the best local breweries and beer bars, and a list of Chicago wine bars will follow that up. Wineries and vineyards will get a shout out, and we will round this all out by mentioning some of the best happy hours near you to buy cheap alcoholic drinks after your work day ends.
Towards the end you will find an alcohol map for your area with all of the various venues we are mentioning pinned on it. You are all welcome to check out some of our other blogs on other cities in this part of the world there if you like.
Best Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In Chicago
Our favorite liquor stores and wine shops in Chicago to buy vodka, tequila, a case of beer, or a bottle of wine would be:
- Warehouse Liquors at 634 S Wabash Ave
- Independent Spirits at 5947 N Broadway
- Binny’s Beverage Depot at 213 W Grand Ave
- Liquorama at 4430 S Kedzie Ave
- Moreno’s Liquors at 3724 W 26th St
- Liquor Park at 1937 W North Ave
- Oakhurst Liquors at 2681 E New York St #109, Aurora
- Joe’s Beverage Warehouse at 3001 W Jefferson St, Joliet
Since 1983 Warehouse Liquors has been selling craft and imported beers as well as expertly chosen whiskeys. Independent Spirits carries beers, mixers, liqueurs, wines, ciders, bitters, and vermouths.
Binny’s Beverage Depot has been one of Midwest’s biggest wine, spirit, and beer emporiums since 1948. For over 40 years Liquorama has been providing a large selection of spirits, beers, wines, and cigars in your area.
Over 900 distinct variations and 600 different types of mezcals as well as cognacs, whiskeys, wines, and plenty more are sold at Moreno’s Liquors. Liquor Park is devoted to creating exquisite drinks as well as offering a variety of beers, spirits, and wines from around the world.
Oakhurst Liquors in Aurora has a wide range of fine wines, beers, spirits, craft brews, and cigars. Joe’s Beverage Warehouse has been a family owned and operated liquor store in Joliet providing an assortment of modern beers, spirits, and wines since 2004.
Breweries & Beer Bars Near You
There are some nice breweries and beer bars in town like:
- Spiteful Brewing Tap Room at 2024 W Balmoral Ave
- Empirical Brewery at 1801 W Foster Ave
- Maplewood Brewery & Distillery at 2717 N Maplewood Ave
- Begyle Brewing at 1800 W Cuyler Ave
- Lagunitas Brewing at 2607 W 17th St
- Mygrain Brewing at 50 E Jefferson St #106, Joliet
- Solemn Oath Brewery at 1661 Quincy Ave #179, Naperville
- Plank Road Tap Room at 39 W149 Plank Rd, Elgin
Empirical Brewery has a dog friendly space and serves pizza, burgers, and drinks until 8pm Tuesday through Sunday. Maplewood Brewery and Distillery has been producing finely crafted beer and spirits in your area in a wide range of styles since 2014.
Begyle Brewing’s very own malt row is a must try. You can order Indian pale ales and other great beers from 20 different countries at Lagunitas Brewing.
Mygrain offers craft beers and delicious cuisine seven days a week. Plank Road Tap Room has a local beer garden where you can drink American craft brews and many more beverages.
Wine Bars In Chicago
Chicago wine bars are a great place to relax with friends as well as being good options for a date night:
- Websters Wine Bar at 2601 N Milwaukee Ave
- J9 Wine Bar at 1961 N Halsted St
- Volo Restaurant Wine Bar at 2008 W Roscoe St
- Rootstock Wine & Beer Bar at 954 N California Ave
- Penumbra Restaurant & Wine Bar at 3309 W Fullerton Ave
- Cork Wine Bar & Kitchen at 2302 Essington Rd, Joliet
J9 provides a modest selection of wines and cocktails. Volo is a restaurant and wine bar near you that is open Tuesday through Sunday.
Penumbra serves Latin influenced American cuisine including steaks and seafood throughout the week except for Monday and Tuesday when they are closed.
Cork Wine Bar in Joliet excels at providing handcrafted cocktails, beers, wines, whiskeys, and other spirits as well as wine and mimosa flights.
Wineries & Vineyards In Your Area
Head to one of these wineries or vineyards near you to see how the sausage gets made:
- Wild Blossom Meadery & Winery at 9030 S Hermitage Ave
- Juicy Luzy Sangria at 5435 W 110th St #2
- Lynfred Winery at 15 S Roselle Rd
- Valentino Vineyards & Winery at 5175 Aptakisic Rd
Wild Blossom Meadery and Winery offers private tours and tasting events on weekdays starting at 3pm. Juicy Luzy takes pride in handcrafting sangria from natural juices and has ruby red, pomegranate, mango, and pear to choose from.
They also offer tastings on Friday from 2pm to 5pm and 12pm to 5pm on Saturday. Lynfred has been making exceptional wines in your area since 1979 with over 5,000 gallons in 7 different types.
Valentino is a 20 acre estate vineyard and winery with over 20 distinct grapevine types creating more than 20 different wines. Their tastings are available on Friday from 5pm to 7pm, from 11am on Saturday, and 12pm to 4pm on Sunday.
Best Local Happy Hours
You can buy cheaper alcoholic drinks if you know when and where the best Chicago happy hours are:
- Brando’s Speakeasy at 343 S Dearborn St
- McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood & Steaks at 1 E Wacker Dr
- Arbella at 112 W Grand Ave
- Easy Bar at 1944 W Division St
- Bernie’s Chicago at 660 N Orleans St
- Altiro Latin Fusion at 1 S Stolp Ave, Aurora
- Jameson’s Pub at 2755 Black Rd, Joliet
- Shinto Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Lounge at 504 Illinois Rte 59 #116, Naperville
- Public House at 219 E Chicago St, Elgin
Handcrafted cocktails, traditional drinks, and snacks are available at Brando’s Speakeasy as well as karaoke nights and great Chicago happy hours from 5pm to 7pm. McCormick and Schmick’s is known for its long history of serving superb seafood, steaks, oysters, and drinks as well as its happy hours from 3:30pm to 6:30pm.
Arbella’s classic cocktails are made with seasonal citrus and fresh spirits. They serve drinks with a modern twist and offer happy hours near you from 5pm to 7pm.
You can listen to some of the greatest rock, funk, soul, and old school hip hop music at Easy Bar where they offer discounts on drinks from 5pm to 7pm Monday through Thursday and 4pm to 6pm on Friday.
Bernie’s provides happy hours for creative cocktails, micro brewed beers, and wines from 4:30pm to 6:30pm and features family style seating, deep turquoise banquets, vaulted ceilings, and unique assortment of furnishings.
Spanish, Mexican, and Southern American meals are served at Altiron Latin where happy hours in Aurora are offered on weekdays from 3pm to 5pm. Jameson’s is a traditional pub in Joliet featuring more than 20 craft and beers, 15 beers on tap, and delectable concoctions as well as made from scratch specials.
We have also written a:
- Milwaukee Local Happy Hour Guide
- Indianapolis Local Happy Hour Guide
- St. Louis Local Happy Hour Guide
- Detroit Local Happy Hour Guide
Enjoy Drinking Wine, Liquor, & Beer In Chicago
We wish we had more to share but we will try to keep this page as up to date as we can. Hopefully you learned at least a little something about all of the local liquor stores, wine shops, breweries, beer bars, wine bars, wineries, vineyards, and happy hours in your area.
Don’t be afraid to let us know if you found anything incorrect on this page in the comments, we want to keep this info as accurate as we can. Now go have fun drinking wine, liquor, or beer in Chicago.