We will all be going on a deep dive into where you can buy wine, liquor, and beer in Montreal together over the next few minutes. Our only real objective is to cover as much as we can in this local alcohol guide.
Kicking this off will be a list of the best liquor stores and wine shops in your area. Those that are ready to go pick up a bottle of vodka, tequila, wine, or a case of beer will be filled in first so they can get the party started soon.
Once the stores are out of the way we will get into the best local breweries and beer bars, and a list of Montreal wine bars will follow that up. Wineries and vineyards will get a shout out, and we will round this all out by mentioning some of the best happy hours near you to buy cheap alcoholic drinks after your work day ends.
Towards the end you will find an alcohol map for your area with all of the various venues we are mentioning pinned on it. You are all welcome to check out some of our other blogs about Canadian wine, liquor, and beer right there if you want.
Best Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In Montreal
Our favorite liquor stores and wine shops in Montreal to buy vodka, tequila, a case of beer, or a bottle of wine would be:
- SAQ Depot at 1001 Rue Du Marché Central
- SAQ Sélection at 425 Maisonneuve Blvd W
- SAQ at 150 Saint-Catherine St W
- SAQ Express at 55 Mont-Royal Ave W
- Vin en Vrac at 2021 Rue des Futailles
- Veux-tu une Bière at 5178 Park Ave
- Italvine Limitee at 7040 St Dominique St
- Vinsensus Group at 1001 Rue Lenoir
If you are not aware people who want to buy liquor in Montreal head to the SAQ shops (Société des alcools du Québec) which are state owned shops. If it says SAQ Depot you can expect it to be a huge store that offers a lot, Selection will be pretty big stores with lots to choose from, Express will be smaller shops without a lot of options, and Signature are the higher end liquor stores near you.
You can also buy alcohol at many grocery stores and smaller convenience stores. Vin en Vrac sells a selection of high quality wine, beer, liquors, and spirits in your area at affordable prices.
Veux-tu une Bière is a small neighborhood grocery shop that sells a broad variety of Quebec wines as well as beers from local microbreweries along with a variety of culinary goods.
One of the earliest import agencies in Quebec to promote and sell Italian wine products was Italvine Limitee and it has now become the industry standard for Italian wines and spirits.
Vinsensus Group is a wine and spirits firm that specializes in private importations with an emphasis on individual service, low costs, and high-quality products from world-renowned vineyards.
Breweries & Beer Bars Near You
There are some nice breweries and beer bars in town like:
- 4 Origins Microbrewery at 1304 Saint-Patrick St
- Brasserie McAuslan at 5080 St Ambroise St
- Good Lord at 29 Ave Laurier O
- Reaper Brewery at 2233 Rue Pitt
- Public Space at 3632 Ontario St E
- St-Ambroise Terrace at 5080 St Ambroise St
- Microbrasserie Labrosse at 133 Labrosse Ave
- Isle de Garde Brewery at 1039 Rue Beaubien E
- Pit Caribou Pub at 951 Rue Rachel E
Microbrasserie Labrosse has been in business since 2017 and is a great place for local beer enthusiasts.
Wine Bars In Montreal
Montreal wine bars are a great place to relax with friends as well as being good options for a date night:
- Pullman at 3424 Park Ave
- Papillon Wine at 2519 Notre-Dame St W
- Bar Loïc at 5001 Notre-Dame St W
- Ratafia at 6778 St Laurent Blvd
- The Red Throat at 1234 Mont-Royal Ave E
- Vendetta Wine Bar at 1832 William St
- Etna Bar at 244 Rue Jarry E
Pullman serves premium wines near you along with aperitifs with cheeses, cold meats, and other side dishes. Numerous varieties of wines with extensive seasonal menus are available at Bar Loïc.
Ratafia prepares sweet and savory food and drinks in a festive setting. Etna Bar offers special European wines and aperitifs alongside Mediterranean bites, Italian antipasti, and Andalusian tapas.
Wineries & Vineyards In Your Area
Head to one of these wineries or vineyards near you to see how the sausage gets made:
- Château Taillefer Lafon at 1500 Montée Champagne
- Rivière du Chêne Vineyard at 807 Chemin de la Rivière N
- Côte de Vaudreuil Vineyard at 2692 Route Harwood
- Domaine du Fleuve at 1164 Rte Marie-Victorin
- La Bullerie at 2007 Chemin Principal
- Bauge Vineyard at 155 Avenue des Érables
- Kobloth Vineyard at 905 Grand Boulevard O
Château Taillefer Lafon features a back terrace with a view of its vineyards and gardens as well as a medieval cellar room. Rivière du Chêne offers a stunning view of vines in all seasons where excellent local wines and gourmet foods are served. Corporate meetings, cocktail receptions, wines and cheeses, and more can all be enjoyed at Côte de Vaudreuil Vineyard.
Numerous grape varieties in a vast vineyard are showcased at Domaine du Fleuve. La Bullerie provides natural wines and delectable foods with scheduled free deliveries.
Best Local Happy Hours
You can buy cheaper alcoholic drinks if you know when and where the best Montreal happy hours are:
- Brutopia at 1219 Crescent St
- Méchant Boeuf Bar-Brasserie at 124 Saint-Paul St W
- Mad Hatter Pub at 1240 Crescent St
- Pub Saint Pierre at 410 Rue Saint-Pierre
- McLean’s Pub at 1210 Peel St
Local house beers and a wide selection of cocktails and wines with live entertainment and a daily happy hour in your area are all offered at Brutopia. Pub Saint Pierre also has one of the best Montreal happy hours from 5pm to 7pm serving a diverse menu of food and drinks.
We have also written about:
Enjoy Drinking Wine, Liquor, & Beer In Montreal
We wish we had more to share but we will try to keep this page as up to date as we can. Hopefully you learned at least a little something about all of the local liquor stores, wine shops, breweries, beer bars, wine bars, wineries, vineyards, and happy hours in your area.
Don’t be afraid to let us know if you found anything incorrect on this page in the comments, we want to keep this info as accurate as we can. Now go have fun drinking wine, liquor, or beer in Montreal.