We appreciate you taking the time to read this blog about where to buy wine, liquor, and beer in Portland. Our alcohol guide will attempt to cover the subject in as much depth as possible.
We’ll start with a list of the best local liquor stores and wine shops near you. Anyone who wants to buy a bottle of vodka, tequila, wine, or a case of beer will get their information quickly so they can go get what they desire soon.
Following that we’ll look into the top breweries and beer bars before sharing a list of excellent wine bars. Wineries and vineyards in your area will be mentioned, and we’ll finish up by discussing some of the top local happy hours where you can get cheap alcoholic drinks after work.
An alcohol map will be shared near the end that has all of the establishments we’ve mentioned pinned on it. Posts on grabbing a drink in other cities around the region can be looked through at that link if interested.
Best Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In Portland
You will be able to buy a case of beer, a bottle of vodka, tequila, or wine, or just about any other alcoholic beverage at one of the best Portland liquor stores and wine shops:
- Menlo Park Liquor Store at 11936 NE Glisan St
- Rose City Liquor at 7253 NE Sandy Blvd
- Westmoreland Liquor Store at 7207 SE Milwaukie Ave
- Stateline Liquor Store at 11980 N Jantzen Dr
- Cedar Mill Liquor Store at 13528 NW Cornell Rd
- Liquor Store at 2414 SE Burnside Rd, Gresham
- Baseline Liquor at 7502 NE Shaleen St, Hillsboro
- Hyland Hills Liquor Store at 14334 SW Allen Blvd, Beaverton
Menlo Park Liquor Store carries a large assortment of beverages with over 1,800 spirits, 100 wines, and 100 beers. Their goal is to provide you with one of the best selections in town while maintaining excellent customer service. You can find tequilas, rums, whiskeys, liquors, vodkas, and single malt scotches at the Liquor Store.
Baseline Liquor stocks your favorite and even hard-to-find alcoholic beverages such as distilled spirits, liqueurs, wines, sakes, and beers in their retail space and warehouse. They also have mixers, sodas, and cigars making it a one-stop store for all of your cocktail needs.
Hyland Hills Liquor Store has worked hard to develop an exceptional variety of spirits and liqueurs from around the world. Their comprehensive diversity includes several boutique and artisanal brands plus many locally distilled goods.
Breweries & Beer Bars Near You
These local breweries and beer bars are fantastic places to go whether you want to sample new suds or just watch the game with some friends:
- Deschutes Brewery Portland Public House at 210 NW 11th Ave
- McMenamins Fulton Pub & Brewery at 0618 SW Nebraska St
- Breakside Brewery at 820 NE Dekum St
- Gigantic Brewing Brewery & Taproom at 5224 SE 26th Ave
- Cascade Brewing Barrel House at 939 SE Belmont St
- Migration Brewing Gresham at 18188 NE Wilkes Rd
- Vertigo Brewing & Taproom at NE Nicholas Ct, Hillsboro
- Three Mugs Brewing at 2020 NE Aloclek Dr #108, Hillsboro
Smoothrich dark beers, crisp refreshing IPAs, and exciting new releases are all available at Deschutes Brewery Portland Public House. They have expanded beyond the original local pub with a brewery and tasting room that sells more than 225,000 barrels per year.
Breakside Brewery is a one-of-a-kind neighborhood brewpub featuring a full-service restaurant on two levels and a wide range of Breakside craft beers. Gigantic Brewery & Taproom is open daily for bottles, cases, and 1/6th barrel kegs to go. You are welcome to bring your leashed dog for a picnic, order a pizza, or bring food from one of the nearby carts.
If you want to taste delicious pizzas and dishes that pair perfectly with award-winning beers go to Migration Brewing Gresham. You may unwind after a long day at work with a cold pitcher and a game of darts or visit on the weekend to tour the brewery and try a few samples. All of their core, seasonal, and limited release package beers are also accessible fresh from the canning line.
Vertigo Brewing & Taproom presents a rotating selection of standard and seasonal beers near you. They offer water, soda, and juice for guests who are driving or prefer not to consume alcoholic beverages as well as a food truck on most Fridays.
Wine Bars In Portland
Visit wine bars near you for a date night, a business meeting, or for a gather with friends:
- Corkscrew Wine Bar at 1665 SE Bybee Blvd
- Oregon Wines on Broadway at 515 SW Broadway
- Frank Wine Bar at 3712 S Bond Ave
- The Caves at 1719 NE Alberta St
- Muse Winebar at 2264 NW Raleigh St
- Niche Wine Bar at 1013 Main St, Vancouver
- D’Anu Tasting Room & Wine Bar at 173 NE 3rd Ave #107, Hillsboro
- Syndicate Wine Bar at 12620 SW 1st St, Beaverton
Muse Winebar boasts an intimate setting in which to linger, reflect, converse, and enjoy well-crafted wines in your area from small artisanal producers, off-the-beaten-path appellations, and rare varietals at a reasonable price. They also have a fantastic choice of finely brewed beers and ciders, three rotating taps, gourmet meats, cheeses, and other delicacies to complement your beverage.
The outdoor dining room at Syndicate Wine Bar is open Tuesday through Saturday from 4pm to 8pm. They host live music most Friday and Saturday nights and there is a $5 cover charge for any customers age 12 and older who sit during these periods to help fund the expense of artists and necessary licensing costs.
Wineries & Vineyards In Your Area
You can make a reservation for tastings and order bottles at Helvetia Vineyards & Winery at 23269 NW Yungen Road from noon to 5pm every day.
Best Local Happy Hours
When you need to unwind after work these happy hours in Portland are great places to buy cheaper alcoholic drinks:
- The Eastburn Public House at 1800 E Burnside St
- Bartini at 2108 NW Glisan St
- Portland City Grill at 111 SW 5th Ave 30th Floor
- Pope House Bourbon Lounge at 2075 NW Glisan St
- The Observatory at 8115 SE Stark St
- Beaches Restaurant & Bar at 1919 SE Columbia River Dr, Vancouver
- Margarita Factory at 77 NE 4th St, Gresham
- Copper River Restaurant & Bar at 7370 NE Cornell Rd, Hillsboro
- The Westgate Bourbon Bar & Taphouse at 3800 SW Cedar Hills Blvd, Beaverton
The local happy hour at The Eastburn Public House is from 3pm to 6pm while Bartini has special deals from 4pm to 6:30pm on Wednesdays. You can enjoy a great happy hour near you at Pope House Bourbon Lounge from 4pm to 7pm on Monday.
The Margarita Factory serves drinks inspired by the addictive flavors of Mexico and handcrafts an array of seafood dishes using only high-quality ingredients. Discover their delectable street-style tacos, fajitas, enchiladas, burritos, vegetarian entrees, and everything in between or take advantage of amazing Tuesday savings on any tequila over $15.
The Westgate Bourbon Bar & Taphouse is an adult-friendly restaurant with a bourbon bar, taphouse, and bottle shop in your area. Their happy hours are from 3pm to 5pm and 10pm to 12am every day.
We have also written about:
- Seattle Liquor Stores & Delivery
- Vancouver Liquor Stores & Delivery
- San Francisco Liquor Stores & Delivery
- Oakland Liquor Stores & Delivery
Enjoy Drinking Wine, Liquor, & Beer In Portland
That’s all we have for now but keep checking back because we’ll try our best to keep this page updated. We know you are ready to achieve your goal after reading about all of the local liquor stores, wine shops, breweries, beer bars, wine bars, wineries, vineyards, and happy hours in your area.
Please let us know if we missed anything or if any of the above establishments have closed in the comments so we can keep the lists up to date. Now you can enjoy drinking wine, liquor, or beer in Portland.