We are glad that you are taking the time to read this blog about where to buy wine, liquor, and beer in San Diego. Our alcohol guide will attempt to cover the subject in as much depth as possible.
We’ll start with a list of the best local liquor stores and wine shops near you. Anyone who wants to buy a bottle of vodka, tequila, wine, or a case of beer will get their information quickly so they can go get what they desire soon.
Following that we’ll look into the top breweries and beer bars before sharing a list of excellent wine bars. Wineries and vineyards in your area will be mentioned, and we’ll finish up by discussing some of the top local happy hours where you can get cheap alcoholic drinks after work.
An alcohol map will be shared near the end that has all of the establishments we’ve mentioned pinned on it. Posts on grabbing a drink in other cities around the Southwest can be looked through at that link if interested.
Best Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In San Diego
You will be able to buy a case of beer, a bottle of vodka, tequila, or wine, or just about any other alcoholic beverage at one of the best San Diego liquor stores and wine shops:
- Quality Liquor Store at 2329 Madison Ave
- Del Mesa Liquor at 6090 Friars Rd
- Jimbo’s Liquor Store at 4411 Genesee Ave
- Corey’s Liquor Store at 3605 University Ave #2316
- I Shop Liquor at 728 4th Ave #A
- South Bay Liquor Store at 1355 Broadway # L, Chula Vista
- Balboa Liquor Store at 1604 Mission Ave, Oceanside
- Golden State Liquor Store at 935 W Mission Ave, Escondido
- Main Street Liquor at 120 S Mollison Ave #100, El Cajon
Quality Liquor Store is a great destination to buy alcoholic drinks near you with a large assortment of fine wines, craft beers, champagnes, and spirits from around the world. They cover all your beverage needs from local and international brands to popular and hard-to-find liquors.
Del Mesa has been presenting premium liquor and uplifting spirits to the community since 1974. They feature one of the best selections of craft beers and wines in the region all of which can be delivered safely to your door.
Golden State Liquor Store is pleased to bring you a diverse variety of high-quality products like beers, wines, liquors, snacks, cigarettes, a variety of cigar flavors, sodas, energy drinks, lottery tickets, and coffees.
Breweries & Beer Bars Near You
These local breweries and beer bars are fantastic places to go whether you want to sample new suds or just watch the game with some friends:
- Mission Brewery at 1441 L St
- Coronado Brewing at 1205 Knoxville St
- Thorn St. Brewery at 3176 Thorn St
- Hopnonymous Brewing at 7705 Convoy Ct
- Chula Vista Brewery at 294 3rd Ave, Chula Vista
- Belching Beaver Brewery at 1334 Rocky Point Dr, Oceanside
- Jacked Up Brewery at 800 W Grand Ave, Escondido
- Burning Beard Brewing at 785 Vernon Way, El Cajon
- Culver Beer at 2719 Loker Ave W d, Carlsbad
The Mission Brewery first opened its doors in 1913 producing delicious craft beers with a rich history. Outside food is always welcome and they will be pleased to help your large group or event make the most of their available space.
Coronado Brewing sells award-winning beers from coast to coast including the core series, seasonals, limited releases, and seltzers. They are honoring the authentic coastal vibe and sharing their passion for craft both of which are inspired by their San Diego heritage.
Thorn St. Brewery has a 30-barrel brewhouse, canning line, and tasting room where they have expanded their distribution throughout the international market. They also have enough space to accommodate any of your party needs.
Hopnonymous Brewing began supplying the community with a vast assortment of craft beers in 2018. Visit their Kearny Mesa tasting room Monday through Thursday from 12pm to 9pm, Friday and Saturday 12pm to 10pm, and Sunday 12pm to 7pm to feel the vibe and taste fresh expertly produced beers.
Chula Vista Brewery provides each patron with local artisan beers of great quality and flavor allowing you to gather and enjoy good company in a pleasant and comfortable setting.
Wine Bars In San Diego
Visit wine bars near you for a date night, a business meeting, or for a gather with friends:
- The Rose Wine Bar at 2219 30th St
- Next Door Craft Beer & Wine Bar at 7235 El Cajon Blvd
- R&G Salumeria Wine Bar at 1445 India St
- Wet Stone Wine Bar & Cafe at 1927 Fourth Ave
- Village Vino at 4095 Adams Ave
- The Wine Lover at 3968 Fifth Ave
- Nameless Bar at 253 3rd Ave #100, Chula Vista
- Elixir Espresso & Wine Bar at 7863 Girard Ave #105, La Jolla
- Next Door Craft Beer & Wine Bar at 7235 El Cajon Blvd
The exquisite menu at Next Door Craft Beer & Wine Bar carries a diverse choice of fine wines from reds to whites and blends. If you want to try a South American-style churrasco plate matched with a well-structured red or tantalize your taste buds with a madras curry tiger shrimp skewer paired with a refreshing austere white, go to Wet Stone Wine Bar & Cafe.
Village Vino aims to bring an accessible inventory to your area community with a mix of old favorites, esoteric, hard-to-find producers, and varieties that reflect tradition and typicity. Their collection changes regularly due to the range of wines and wineries with which they work.
You can buy a bottle of wine and a two-item cheese plate for two for only $50 at The Wine Lover from 5:30pm to 11pm on Tuesdays and happy hour-priced wine flights from 6pm to 8pm on Wednesdays.
Wineries & Vineyards In Your Area
Although these wineries and vineyards might not be right in the city they are well worth the trip:
- Three Hills Winery at 16805 Highland Valley Rd
- Bernardo Winery at 13330 Paseo Del Verano Norte
- Charlie & Echo at 8680 Miralani Dr #113
- Orfila Vineyards & Winery at 13455 San Pasqual Rd
- Espinosa Vineyards & Winery at 15360 Bandy Canyon Rd
- Rancho Guejito Vineyard at 17224 San Pasqual Valley Rd
Experience a traditional taste of wine at Three Hills Winery that explores the complete range of flavors from light, fruity, and crisp whites to the minerality and light tannin of rosé and robust dark reds. Wines by the glass or bottle are available for purchase.
Bernardo Winery makes wines from grapes grown locally such as Syrah, Petite Sirah, Zinfandel, Viognier, Chardonnay, and Sangiovese. They combine traditional methods employed by their forefathers with modern technology and viticultural approaches.
Charlie & Echo is an urban winery that specializes in natural craft wines primarily sparklings sourced from vineyards in your area. They operate on Thursday and Friday from 4pm to 8pm and on Saturday from 1pm to 8pm.
Rancho Guejito Vineyard grows its wine grapes in the superb soils and climate of one of Old California’s few remaining Mexican landholdings. You can visit them on Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 6pm and enjoy tastings or hayride excursions through the vineyards and groves along with live music.
Best Local Happy Hours
When you need to unwind after work these happy hours in San Diego are great places to buy cheaper alcoholic drinks:
- The Whiskey House at 420 Third Ave
- Starlite at 3175 India St
- Queenstown Public House at 1557 Columbia St
- Ironside Fish & Oyster at 1654 India St
- Gossip Grill at 1220 University Ave
- Islands Restaurant at 2255 Otay Lakes Rd, Chula Vista
- Bellamy’s Restaurant at 417 W Grand Ave, Escondido
- Testo Pepesto Italian Restaurant at 221 E Main St, El Cajon
- Barrel Republic at 2961 State St, Carlsbad
Over 3,300 whiskies, craft cocktails, international draft beers, an eclectic wine list, and a delectable menu of homemade fare are available at The Whiskey House. They also have a daily happy hour from 4pm to 7pm.
Starlite offers a fantastic choice of drinks and tasty meals as well as happy hours from 5pm to 6pm Tuesday through Saturday. Their laid-back and enchanting setting is ideal for gathering with friends, thoughtful cocktails, great cuisine, and late-night dining.
There is something for everyone at Queenstown Public House whether it’s breakfast or brunch for weekend mimosas, lunch for a grass-fed burger and a cocktail, or dinner on the patio for some locally sourced seasonal salads and wine selections. Visit them during their happy hour Monday to Friday from 3pm to 6pm. You can enjoy happy hour at Ironside Fish & Oyster restaurant from 3pm to 5pm daily.
Decorated with feminine-inspired art, fabulous chandeliers, a foliage facade, and two fire pits the outdoor patio bar at Gossip Grill is a terrific place to experience the Hillcrest ambiance from the outside. Combine that with modern American comfort food and you have yourself a one-of-a-kind five-star women’s bar. They host some of the best happy hours near you every day from 2pm to 6pm.
Islands Restaurant serves specialty burgers that come with fresh guacamole and Swiss cheese, fresh-cut fries, and a refreshing drink. Don’t miss their happy hour on weekdays from 3pm to 6:30pm for excellent deals on tropical beverages, icy beers, appetizers, and wines.
The happy hours at Testo Pepesto Italian Restaurant are from 3pm to 5:30pm every day.
We have also written about:
- Vodka, Tequila & More Alcohol In LA
- Vodka, Tequila & More Alcohol In Phoenix
- Vodka, Tequila & More Alcohol In Las Vegas
- Vodka, Tequila & More Alcohol In San Francisco
Enjoy Drinking Wine, Liquor, & Beer In San Diego
That’s all we have for now but keep checking back because we’ll try our best to keep this page updated. We know you are ready to achieve your goal after reading about all of the local liquor stores, wine shops, breweries, beer bars, wine bars, wineries, vineyards, and happy hours in your area.
Please let us know if we missed anything or if any of the above establishments have closed in the comments so we can keep the lists up to date. Now you can enjoy drinking wine, liquor, or beer in San Diego.