Everyone who found this post better be ready to go on a deep dive into where you can buy wine, liquor, and beer in London over the next few minutes. Our only real objective is to cover as much as we can in this local alcohol guide.
Kicking this off will be a list of the best liquor stores and wine shops in your area. Those that are ready to go pick up a bottle of vodka, tequila, wine, or a case of beer will be filled in first so they can get the party started soon.
Once the stores are out of the way we will get into the best local breweries and beer bars, and a list of London wine bars will follow that up. Wineries and vineyards will get a shout out, and we will round this all out by mentioning some of the best happy hours near you to buy cheap alcoholic drinks after your work day ends.
Towards the end you will find an alcohol map for your area with all of the various venues we are mentioning pinned on it. You are all welcome to check out some of our other blogs on other cities around the UK there if you like.
Best Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In London
Our favorite liquor stores and wine shops in London to buy vodka, tequila, a case of beer, or a bottle of wine would be:
- Bottle Apostle at 172 Regent’s Park Rd
- Noble Fine Liquor at 27 Broadway Market
- The Whisky Exchange at 2 Bedford St
- The Whisky Shop at 169 Piccadilly, St James’s
- The Vintage House at 42 Old Compton St
Noble Fine Liquor sells exceptional wines and beers in your area from France, Italy, Germany, and London. Around 500 rums, 400 vodkas, 550 cognacs and Armagnacs, 400 gins, 150 tequilas, and over 1,000 specialty liqueurs from Wales, South Africa, India, Sweden, and Australia are available at The Whiskey Exchange.
The Whiskey Shop in Piccadilly has been one of United Kingdom’s largest retailers of whiskey since 1992. A plethora of unique and hard to find whiskies are provided at The Vintage House.
Breweries & Beer Bars Near You
There are some nice breweries and beer bars in town like:
- London Beer Lab Taproom & Nano Brewery at Arch 41, Railway Arches, Nursery Rd
- Fourpure Brewing at 25, Bermondsey Trading Estate, Rotherhithe New Rd
- Exale Brewing & Taproom at #2C Uplands Business Park
- Sambrook’s Brewery at 1 Bellwether Ln
- The Kernel Brewery at Arch 11, Dockley Rd Industrial Estate, Dockley Rd
- German Kraft Beer at 42 Newington Causeway
London Beer Lab Taproom sells hops, malt, and yeast to home brewers as well as local beers and exclusive nano brews. Fourpure produces fresh beers using traditional processes.
British beers are available at Sambrook’s Brewery. Pale and dark ales, lagers, and mixed fermentation beers are sold at The Kernel Brewery in your area.
German Kraft Beer produces unfiltered and unpasteurized beers that are free of additives and preservatives. They only use water, malt, hops, and yeast to create flavorful drinks as well as cutting edge technology.
If you are looking for some fun bars with games, trivia, and live music that link can help.
Wine Bars In London
London wine bars are a great place to relax with friends as well as being good options for a date night:
- The Remedy Wine Bar Shop & Kitchen at 124 Cleveland St
- Antidote Wine Bar & Wine Shop at 2A Newburgh St
- Sager + Wilde Wine Bar at 193 Hackney Rd
- Cork & Bottle Wine Bar at 44-46 Cranbourn St
- Gordon’s Wine Bar at 47 Villiers St
- The 10 Cases at 16 Endell St
- Willys Wine Bar at 107 Fenchurch St
The Remedy is a good place to go for exquisite wines and delicious cuisine. Artisanal cheeses and charcuteries are served along with fine wines at Antidote where they also sell bottles from 12pm to 10pm Monday through Saturday.
For over 130 years Gordon’s has been offering a vast range of award winning wines near you along with 15 different cheeses and charcuteries with vegan and vegetarian options.
The 10 Cases has a modest selection of white, red, sweet, and sparkling wines which are offered by glass, carafe, and bottle. They also serve appetizers, main courses, and desserts as well as tapa style meals and daily specials.
Wineries & Vineyards In Your Area
Forty Hall Vineyard at Enfield EN2 9HA is dedicated to producing traditional champagnes and high quality organic local wines ranging from Chardonnay to Pinot Meunier to Pinot Noir. Hedonism from our best wine shops list provides tastings too.
Best Local Happy Hours
You can buy cheaper alcoholic drinks if you know when and where the best London happy hours are:
- London Cocktail Club at 4 Great Portland St
- Simmons Bar at 2 Bateman St
- Be At One at 23 Wellington St
- The Escapologist at 35 Earlham St
London Cocktail Club has happy hours every day until 7pm. Delicious pub food and great local happy hours are available all night at Simmons Bar.
Be At One offers discounts on low and nonalcoholic beverages. Classic drinks are served with a twist at The Escapologist where they also have some of the best happy hours near you from 4pm to 7pm Monday through Thursday, from 3pm on Friday, and from 5pm on Sunday.
We have also written blogs on:
- Everything About Alcohol In Birmingham
- Everything About Alcohol In Manchester
- Everything About Alcohol In Dublin
- Everything About Alcohol In Paris
Enjoy Drinking Wine, Liquor, & Beer In London
We wish we had more to share but we will try to keep this page as up to date as we can. Hopefully you learned at least a little something about all of the local liquor stores, wine shops, breweries, beer bars, wine bars, wineries, vineyards, and happy hours in your area.
Don’t be afraid to let us know if you found anything incorrect on this page in the comments, we want to keep this info as accurate as we can. Now go have fun drinking wine, liquor, or beer in London.