We will all be going on a deep dive into where you can buy wine, liquor, and beer in New York City together over the next few minutes. Our only real objective is to cover as much as we can in this alcohol guide.
Kicking this off will be a list of the best liquor stores and wine shops in your area. Those that are ready to go pick up a bottle of vodka, tequila, wine, or a case of beer will be filled in first so they can get the party started soon.
Once the stores are out of the way we will get into the best local breweries and beer bars, and a list of New York City wine bars will follow that up. Wineries and vineyards will get a shout out, and we will round this all out by mentioning some of the best happy hours near you to buy cheap alcoholic drinks after your work day ends.
Towards the end you will find a map for the full metro region with all of the various venues we are mentioning pinned on it. You are all welcome to check out some of our other blogs on wine, liquor, and beer around the Northeast right there if you want.
Best Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In New York City
Our favorite liquor stores and wine shops in New York City to buy vodka, tequila, a case of beer, or a bottle of wine would be:
- Park Avenue Liquor Shop at 270 Madison Ave
- Ambassador Wines & Spirits at 1020 2nd Ave
- Broadway Spirits at 315 Broadway
- Financial District Wine & Liquor at 120 Nassau St
- Astor Wines & Spirits at 399 Lafayette St
- Midtown 38 Wines at 146 W 38th St
- 100 St Wine and Liquor at 2648 Broadway
- Roebling Liquors at 311 Roebling St, Brooklyn
- The Liquor Store at 55 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn
- Bay Liquors at 2801 Knapp St #5, Brooklyn
- Best Buy Liquors at 1613 Neptune Ave, Brooklyn
- Duke’s Liquor Box at 114 Franklin St, Brooklyn
- Bk Wine Depot at 214 Hoyt St, Brooklyn
- Happy Cork at 51 Buffalo Ave, Brooklyn
- Little Mo Wine at 1125 Nostrand Ave, Brooklyn
- Soreiku Wine at 387 Broadway, Brooklyn
- Best Buy Warehouse Wines at 701 Fulton St, Brooklyn
- North End Wine & Liquor Store at 2509 Webster Ave, Bronx
- Chris Liquor Store at 4586 3rd Ave, Bronx
- Wine & Liquor Superstore at 815 Hutchinson River Pkwy, Bronx
- Gerard Discount Liquor Wine at 878 Gerard Ave, Bronx
- Wine & Liquor Superstore at 815 Hutchinson River Pkwy, Bronx
- Leiser’s Wine at 41-30 162nd St, Queens
- Net Cost Liquors at 3161 Amboy Rd, Staten Island
- Wines & Liquors at Amboy Plaza, 6390 Amboy Rd, Staten Island
- City Wine Cellar at 2295 Richmond Ave, Staten Island
- Wine So Fine at 3275 Richmond Ave, Staten Island
- Eltingville Wines at 3830 C Richmond Ave, Staten Island
Broadway Spirits is one of the best spots to go for wines, spirits, and weekly tastings. Financial District Wine & Liquors provides some of the lowest prices and discounts for wines and spirits.
100 St features a large selection of high quality wines, liquors, and spirits near you from all over the world. A large selection of fine wines and liquors in your area are offered at Roebling in Brooklyn.
Bk Wine Depot offers great discounts and deals on some of the latest alcoholic drinks as well as free local liquor delivery in Brooklyn. You can also choose from a nice selection of wines at Little Mo.
Eltingville sells a wide variety of wines and liquors in Staten Island along with custom made baskets for all occasions.
Breweries & Beer Bars Near You
There are some nice breweries and beer bars in town like:
- Alphabet City Beer at 96 Loisaida Ave
- The Jeffrey Craft Beer & Bites at 311 E 60th St
- Harlem Hops at 2268 Adam Clayton Powell Jr Blvd
- Finback Brooklyn at 545 President St, Brooklyn
- Keg & Lantern Brewery at 158 Beard St, Brooklyn
- Wild East Brewing at 623 Sackett St, Brooklyn
- Interboro Spirits & Ales at 942 Grand St, Brooklyn
- Brooklyn Brewery at 79 N 11th St, Brooklyn
- Gun Hill Brewing at 3227 Laconia Ave, Bronx
- Queens Brewery at 1539 Covert St., Queens
- The Flagship Brewing at 40 Minthorne St, Staten Island
- Craft House at 60 Van Duzer St, Staten Island
- The Beer Garden at 1883 Victory Blvd, Staten Island
- Fifth Hammer Brewing at 10-28 46th Ave, Long Island City
- Rockaway Brewing at 46-01 5th St, Long Island City
Jeffrey Craft Beer and Bites offers a fine selection of beers, cocktails, spirits, frozen drinks, and delectable food and features 30 rare taps from some of the best local breweries. Harlem Hops is a family owned and operated brewery in your area specializing in small batch beers.
Wild East in Brooklyn combines traditional European brewing techniques with modern contemporary American craft beer innovations to create farm house style fermented ales, hazy IPA’s and pilsners, and barrel aged sours. Delicious barbecue and beers are offered at Craft House.
The Beer Garden in Staten Island has 18 different beers on tap, 25 bottled beverages, and a variety of mixed drinks as well as appetizers, fresh salads, homemade soups, burgers, pizzas, pastas, open faced platters, sandwiches, wraps, and plenty more. They also offer happy hour specials near you along with sports on TV and live entertainment seven days a week.
Ready made bites and handcrafted drinks are served along with live reggae music at Rockaway Brewing in Long Island City.
Wine Bars In New York City
NYC wine bars are a great place to relax with friends as well as being good options for a date night:
- Somm Time Wine Bar at 254 Broome St
- Ardesia Wine Bar at 510 W 52nd St
- Aldo Sohm Wine Bar at 151 W 51st St
- Ruffian at 125 E 7th St
- Lelabar at 422 Hudson St
- Rhodora Wine Bar at 197 Adelphi St, Brooklyn
- Woodhul Wine Bar at 644 Driggs Ave, Brooklyn
- Pinkerton Wine Bar at 263 N 6th St, Brooklyn
- Brookvin at 381 7th Ave, Brooklyn
- D.O.C. Wine Bar at 83 N 7th St, Brooklyn
- Tailfeather at 581 Myrtle Ave, Brooklyn
- Bronx Alehouse at 216 W 238th St, Bronx
- Yes Chef Wine Bar at 44-10 30th Ave, Queens
- Keuka Kafe Wine Bar & Kitchen at 11204 Queens Blvd, Queens
- Mosaic Craft Beer, Cocktails, & Wine at 25-19 24th Ave, Queens
- Vinum at 704 Bay St, Staten Island
- Blvd Wine Bar at 4720 Center Blvd, Long Island City
Ardesia Wine Bar in Manhattan is open seven days a week serving sandwiches, cheese and charcuterie, and many more small plates and even features both indoor and outdoor seating. Over 250 varieties from well known winemakers spanning the globe including creations from Southern France and Eastern Europe and everything in between are provided at Ruffian.
Lelabar’s outdoor patio is open on weekdays from 4pm to 12am and from 2pm on weekdays. You can also get fine servings of delicious food and wines seven days a week at Rhodora.
Woodhul carries wines from Europe, South Africa, New York, and California as well as classic and modern cocktails, craft beers, and bourbons. They also serve flatbreads, artisanal cheeses, and charcuteries every day until 2am.
Brookvin is open every day serving high quality wines in your area while Yes Chef Wine Bar also prepares organic and healthy homemade meals. Premium cocktails, beers, and wines in Queens are also offered at Mosaic.
Vinum is a good option for Italian meals, appetizers, and wines.
Wineries & Vineyards In Your Area
Although these wineries and vineyards might not be right in the city they are well worth the trip:
- Gotham Winery at 115 E 23rd St
- Fox Run Vineyards at 670 NY-14, Penn Yan
- Ravines Wine Cellars at 400 Barracks Rd, Geneva
- Sheldrake Point Winery at 7448 County Rd 153, Ovid
- Wagner Vineyards Estate Winery at 9322 St, Lodi
- Keuka Lake Vineyards at 8882 Co Rd 76, Hammondsport
- McGregor Vineyard at 5503 Dutch St, Dundee
- Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards at 5712 NY-414, Hector
Gotham Winery is a craft winery near you dedicated to producing wines that appeal to modern consumers seeking high-quality wines with an emphasis on sustainability.
Fox Run Vineyards is a family-owned premium winery and vineyard that has been making estate wines since 1989 and who provides in-depth tours of the vineyard and winemaking facility but be warned it is a 5 hour drive from the city.
For a small family-owned winery and vineyard dedicated to the craft of fine classical winemaking that is also about 5 hours away you can head to Ravines Wine Cellars.
The next few we are going to mention are all about a 4.5 hour drive from the city and we will start with Sheldrake Point Winery in Ovid which features 60 acres of vineyards planted to 10 vitis vinifera varieties which are utilized to manufacture around 8,500 cases annually.
In the Finger Lakes region you can find Wagner Vineyards Estate Winery which has over 30 award-winning wines ranging from bone dry to dessert sweet.
Keuka Lake Vineyards produces world-class wines in a uniquely dry European style.
McGregor Vineyard welcomes you to a relaxed seated tasting of estate wines created from their half-century-old vines that are nestled on a hillside barely one mile above the eastern edge of Keuka Lake.
Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards produces high-quality wines from native Labrusca and hybrid grapes.
Best Local Happy Hours
You can buy cheaper alcoholic drinks if you know when and where the best New York City happy hours are:
- Keybar at 432 E 13th St
- Porchlight at 271 11th Ave
- Verlaine at 110 Rivington St
- The Wayland at 700 E 9th St
- The Rum House at 228 W 47th St
- The Jeffrey Craft Beer & Bites at 311 E 60th St
- Cask Bar & Kitchen at 167 E 33rd St
- Excuse My French at 96 Orchard St
- Fresh Kills Bar at 161 Grand St, Brooklyn
- Pokito at 155 S 4th St, Brooklyn
- Yours Sincerely at 41 Wilson Ave, Brooklyn
- The Rookery Bar at 425 Troutman St, Brooklyn
- The Bronx Public at 170 W 231st St, Bronx
- Clinton Hall at 601 E 189th St, Bronx
- Suyo Gastrofusion at 1401 Plaza Dr, Bronx
- Queens Bully at 113-30 Queens Blvd, Queens
- The Bonnie at 29-12 23rd Ave, Queens
- Marina Cafe at 154 Mansion Ave, Staten Island
- Beso at 11 Schuyler St, Staten Island
Keybar offers happy hours in the East Village of Manhattan from 3pm to 7pm Tuesday through Saturday and free shots for birthday parties as well as DJ performances on Friday and Saturday nights. They feature 12 premium drafts and over 30 signature cocktails including their famous spicy Rolo shot.
Porchlight provides discounts on specialty cocktails, beers, and flasks of punch from 3pm to 7pm Tuesday through Saturday. Expertly crafted cocktails and hearty fare are served along with live music at The Wayland where they also have great NYC happy hours on weekdays from 4pm to 6pm.
Cask Bar has local happy hours from 4pm to 7pm while Yours Sincerely offers liquor discounts in Brooklyn from 5pm to 8pm. Queens Bully’s happy hours run from 12pm to 7pm while Bar The Bonnie’s alcoholic drink specials are available from 3pm to 7pm.
Don’t forget about the happy hours near you at The Beer Garden who we linked you to earlier either.
We have also written about:
Enjoy Drinking Wine, Liquor, & Beer In New York City
We wish we had more to share but we will try to keep this page as up to date as we can. Hopefully you learned at least a little something about all of the local liquor stores, wine shops, breweries, beer bars, wine bars, wineries, vineyards, and happy hours in your area.
Don’t be afraid to let us know if you found anything incorrect on this page in the comments, we want to keep this info as accurate as we can. Now go have fun drinking wine, liquor, or beer in New York City.