If you are hoping to learn about where to buy wine, liquor, and beer in Washington DC you have definitely come to the right place. Our alcohol guide will try to cover the topic in as detailed of a way as we possibly can so that you can make the right decision on how to proceed.
A list of the best local liquor stores and wine shops in town will get us going. Anyone that is ready to go pick up a bottle of vodka, tequila, wine, or a case of beer will get their info quick and be ready to head out the door.
Up next we will dive into the best breweries and beer bars near you, and a list of Washington DC wine bars will follow that up. Wineries and vineyards in your area will get a shout out, and we will wrap this up by mentioning some of the best local happy hours where you can buy cheap alcoholic drinks after your work day ends.
Towards the end you will find an alcohol map for the area with all of the various venues we are mentioning pinned on it. And everyone is welcome to read some of our other blogs about where to grab a drink in the Northeast.
Best Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In Washington DC
Whether you want to buy a case of beer, some vodka, tequila, wine, or just about any other alcoholic drink you should be able to get them at any of these best liquor stores and wine shops in Washington DC:
- Lax Wine and Spirits at 3035 Naylor Rd SE
- McReynold’s Liquors at 1776 G St NW
- Downtown Liquors at 3712 14th St NW
- Daily 14 Liquors at 1135 14th St NW
- Good Ole Reliable Liquors at 1513 Rhode Island Ave NE
- MacArthur Beverages at 4877 MacArthur Blvd NW
- Domestique Wine at 10 Florida Ave NW
- Weygandt Wines at 3519 Connecticut Ave NW
- Calvert Woodley Fine Wines & Spirits at 4339 Connecticut Ave NW
- Grand Cata at 1550 7th St NW
- Wardman Wines at 625 Monroe St NE a7
- Crystal City Wine Shop at 220 20th St S #A, Arlington
- Planet Wine at 2000 Mt Vernon Ave, Alexandria
Lax provides a wide selection of wines and spirits in your area from 9am to 11:45pm Monday through Saturday and until 8:45pm on Sunday. McReynold’s Liquors is open from 11am to 8pm on weekdays and until 12am on Saturday offering a carefully selected assortment of regional and international products.
A great assortment of wines, rare spirits, and beers are sold every day from 10am to 12am at Downtown Liquors. You can buy wines, spirits, bourbons, and scotches near you at Daily 14 Liquors from 11am to 10pm Monday through Thursday and from 11am to 11pm on Friday and Saturday.
Good Ole Reliable Liquors is a solid option for liquors, artisan beers, and wines plus they provide great discounts.
A large selection of imported wines, spirits, and ales are available at MacArthur Beverages five days a week from 10am to 7pm. Domestique Wine specializes in natural wines that are made from biodynamic grapes, fermented with ambient yeasts, and with a small amount of sulfur.
Weygandt Wines has a broad selection of classics including champagne and chilled bottles. You can choose from a wide assortment of wines and liquors as well as get cheeses and deli meats at Calvert Woodley Fine Wines and Spirits.
Grand Cata is an industrial chic shop selling Latin American wines every day from 11am to 8pm. A diverse selection of rare and high quality wines, specialty brews, and select spirits are provided at Wardman from 12pm to 8pm on weekdays and until 6pm on Sunday.
Crystal City is a local wine, beer, cider, and gourmet food store that is open from 11am to 8pm Monday through Thursday, until 9pm on Friday and Saturday, and until 6pm on Sunday. Premium wines and artisan beers are served along with great food at Planet Wine in Alexandria.
Breweries & Beer Bars In Your Area
When you want to go sample some new suds or just watch the game with some pals these local breweries and beer bars are a great option:
- Hellbender Brewing at 5788 2nd St NE
- Atlas Brew Works Ivy City Brewery & Taproom at 2052 West Virginia Ave NE #102
- The Bruery Store at 513 Morse St NE
- Craft Beer Cellar at 301 H St NE
- The Brew Shop at 2004 Wilson Blvd, Arlington
- Port City Brewing at 3950-Wheeler Ave, Alexandria
- Astro Lab Brewing at 8216 Georgia Ave, Silver Spring
Hellbender Brewing serves Euro and American style ales in growlers and pints and offers wine tastings in your area. Atlas Brew Works Ivy City Brewery and Taproom produces local craft beers and growlers.
A wide range of barrel aged, wild and sour, and experimental ales are available from 11am to 7pm Thursday through Saturday and until 5pm on Sunday at The Bruery Store.
Craft Beer Cellar specializes in a wide range of beers from American microbreweries. Port City Brewing provides homemade draft beers, tastings, and public tours near you. Handcrafted local food and innovative beers are served at Astro Lab Brewing.
Wine Bars In Washington DC
Wine bars in your area are a great place for a date, a business meeting, or to hang out with a big group of friends:
- Flight Wine Bar at 777 6th St NW
- The Pursuit Wine Bar & Kitchen at 1025 H St NE
- Barcelona Wine Bar at 1622 14th St NW
- Screwtop Wine Bar at 1025 N Fillmore St, Arlington
- Sonoma Cellar at 207 King St, Alexandria
- Locavino at 8519 Fenton St, Silver Spring
Flight provides a selection of fine wines from around the globe along with delicious refined cuisine. The Pursuit Wine Bar and Kitchen serves wines by the glass and charcuterie boards in a rustic chic setting with a date night feel.
Barcelona Wine Bar has a courtyard and an outdoor fireplace and serves tapas and exceptional wines in your area in a rustic yet sophisticated setting. Local wine tastings, courses, cheese samples, and craft beers are available every day from 11am to 9pm at Screwtop Wine Bar.
Sonoma Cellar features a tasting room and bistro in a historic mansion that is open from 11am to 10pm Tuesday through Thursday and until 11pm on Friday and Saturday.
Premium wines and beers are served at Locavino from 11am to 10pm on weekdays and until 9pm on Sunday.
Wineries & Vineyards Near You
While these wineries and vineyards may not be right in town they are worth the drive:
- Rocklands Farm Winery at 14531 Montevideo Rd
- The Urban Winery at 2315 Stewart Ave
- Paradise Springs Winery at 13219 Yates Ford Rd
- Windridge Vineyards at 15700 Darnestown Rd
- Olney Winery at 18127 Town Center Dr
Rocklands Farm Vineyard excels at providing American cuisine plus they give some of the most fun winery tours near you. Handcrafted vintages, Greek mezes, and plenty more are offered from 4pm to 7pm Thursday through Saturday at The Urban Winery.
Paradise Springs Winery is open at 11am offering a variety of award winning handmade local wines. Wine tastings take place at Windridge Vineyards plus they offer views of the countryside in a tasting room or solar pavilion along with live music and food trucks.
Over 50 distinct wines that are made from grapes from all around the world as well as tastings, live music, and entertainment are provided at Olney Winery.
Best Local Happy Hours
These happy hours in Washington DC can be a great option to buy cheaper alcoholic drinks after work when you need to unwind:
- Old Ebbitt Grill at 675 15th St NW
- Denson Liquor Bar at 600 F St NW
- Ambar Capitol Hill at 523 8th St SE
- Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab at 750 15th St NW
- Jack Rose Dining Saloon at 2007 18th St NW
- Ambar Clarendon at 2901 Wilson Blvd, Arlington
- Hank’s Oyster Bar at 1026 King St, Alexandria
- Kaldi’s Social House at 918 Silver Spring Ave, Silver Spring
Every day from 3pm to 5pm and 11pm to 1am Old Ebbitt Grill offers double happy hours and you can visit them from 11am to 2am on weekdays and from 10am on weekends.
Some of the best Washington DC happy hours are available from 4:30pm to 7pm at Denson Liquor Bar. Ambar Capitol Hill provides drink specials from 4pm to 6pm Monday through Thursday and from 4:30pm on Sunday.
Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak and Stone Crab offers local happy hours from 2:30pm to 6pm on weekdays. Jack Rose Dining Saloon offers more of the best happy hours near you from 5pm to 7:30pm on weekdays.
Happy hours in Arlington are available from 12pm to 6pm on weekdays at Ambar Clarendon. Hank’s Oyster Bar provides happy hours in Alexandria from 4pm to 6pm Tuesday through Friday while Kaldi’s liquor specials in Silver Spring are from 4pm to 9pm.
You can also read our posts on:
- Where To Grab A Cocktail In Baltimore
- Where To Grab A Cocktail In Philadelphia
- Where To Grab A Cocktail In Richmond
- Where To Grab A Cocktail In New York City
Enjoy Drinking Wine, Liquor, & Beer In Washington DC
For the time being that is all we have to share but check back in because we will do our best to keep this page updated. After reading about all of those local liquor stores, wine shops, breweries, beer bars, wine bars, wineries, vineyards, and happy hours near you we think you are ready to accomplish your goal.
Do us a favor and mention if we got anything incorrect or if any of the above places have closed down in the comments so we can keep the lists up to date. Now have fun drinking wine, liquor, or beer in Washington DC.