Anyone that wants to learn about where to buy wine, liquor, and beer in Seattle has definitely come to the right place. Our alcohol guide will try to cover the topic in as detailed of a way as we possibly can so that you can make the right decision on how to proceed.
A list of the best liquor stores and wine shops in town will get us going. Anyone that is ready to go pick up a bottle of vodka, tequila, wine, or a case of beer will get their info quick and be ready to head out the door.
Up next we will dive into the best breweries and beer bars near you, and a list of Seattle wine bars will follow that up. Wineries and vineyards in your area will get a shout out, and we will wrap this up by mentioning some of the best local happy hours where you can buy cheap alcoholic drinks after your work day ends.
Towards the end you will find an alcohol map for the area with all of the various venues we are mentioning pinned on it. By the way we have a separate post on Tacoma right there if you are looking for info over that way.
Best Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In Seattle
Whether you want to buy a case of beer, some vodka, tequila, wine, or just about any other alcoholic drink you should be able to get them at any of these best liquor stores and wine shops in Seattle:
- Ballard Liquor Store at 2804 NW Market St
- Downtown Spirits at 2300 7th Ave
- Bob’s Liquors at 9824 Lake City Way NE
- Downtown Spirits at 2300 7th Ave
- Redmond Ridge Spirits at 18001 NE 76th St #140, Redmond
- Kent Liquor Store at 25835 104th Ave SE, Kent
- Back Porch Wine & Spirits at 11014 19th Ave SE, Everett
- Noble Spirits Federal Way at 2311 SW 336th St, Federal Way
Redmond Ridge Spirits sells a wide range of liquors and accessories near you including beer, wine, champagne, mixers, cigars, cougar cheese and a 24-tap growler station.
Kent Liquor Store has a large selection of spirits, wines, beers, sodas, cigars and more.
Breweries & Beer Bars In Your Area
When you want to go sample some new suds or just watch the game with some pals these local breweries and beer bars are a great option:
- Holy Mountain Brewing at 1421 Elliott Ave W
- Cloudburst Brewing at 2116 Western Ave
- Urban Family Brewing at 1103 NW 52nd St
- Georgetown Brewing at 5200 Denver Ave S
- Optimism Brewing at 1158 Broadway
- Resonate Brewery + Pizzeria at 5606 119th Ave SE, Bellevue
- Postdoc Brewing at 17625 NE 65th St #100, Redmond
- Airways Tap Room & Brewery at 8611 S 212th St, Kent
- Scuttlebutt Brewing at 3314 Cedar St, Everett
You may order merchandise from Holy Mountain Brewing and have it delivered to you anywhere in the United States. All orders can also be picked up in their Taproom.
Urban Family Brewing does not accept reservations or conduct private events. Their tables are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Besides liquor non-alcoholic and gluten-free beverages are also offered such as soda and sparkling water. They also welcome dogs and children.
In addition to pints, Georgetown Brewing offers growlers, cans and kegs to go. They will kindly prepare some tasters for you to enjoy at the table while you wait, however no samples are served at the bar. You can also bring your children and pets to their testing room.
Optimism Brewing is focused only to the production of beer and does not operate brewpubs. They do not provide food, instead they feature a rotating list of family-owned food trucks in their beer garden. You can also bring food from nearby eateries or have it delivered to the brewery.
Resonate Brewery + Pizzeria serves exceptional craft beers in your area alongside good pizza with a focus on becoming an involved member of their local community.
Airways Tap Room & Brewery has indoor and outdoor seating for up to 140 guests. All of the beer is brewed on-site. You may refill your growler, have a pint or two and buy cans and crowlers. It’s a fantastic location for private events such as birthday parties and corporate celebrations.
Scuttlebutt Brewing has an annual production of just less than 7,000 barrels and is eager to give you more. Their taproom features a constantly rotating beer list that includes barrel-aged beers, specialty beers, collaborative projects and their core lineup. They also have kegs to go and sell their entire selection of bottled beers.
Wine Bars In Seattle
Wine bars in your area are a great place for a date, a business meeting, or to hang out with a big group of friends:
- Purple Cafe & Wine Bar at 1225 4th Ave
- Bottlehouse at 1416 34th Ave
- Footprint Wine Tap at 1222 E Madison St #C
- Aluel Cellars at 801a E Thomas St
- Poco Wine + Spirits at 1408 E Pine St
- Bis on Main at 10213 Main St, Bellevue
- World of Wines at 16701 Cleveland St A, Redmond
- Reds Wine Bar and Craft Beers at 321 Ramsay Way #110, Kent
- Pimienta | Bistro and Bar at 34029 Hoyt Rd SW, Federal Way
Purple Cafe & Wine Bar serves delicious food that pairs well with wine. Bottlehouse has the best collection of local and natural production wines available by the glass, flight, bottle and to-go. They also feature a changing seasonal menu with one-of-a-kind cheese and charcuterie.
Aluel Cellars focuses on small batch production of exquisite wines produced in the old-world method to emphasize exceptional fruit from some of Washington state’s best vineyards. Although they can accommodate most walk-ins, you may now make reservations online to ensure a table.
Poco Wine & Spirits is a full-service bar that serves a wide selection of unique cocktails, wines, whiskeys and rotating beers. They also offer lesser-known wine varietals and products.
Bis on Main is perfect for any special event, business dinners, or simply a delicious meal. There is a private dining room available as well as a full premium bar and an award-winning wine list featuring over 300 varieties from California, the Pacific Northwest, Italy, France and South America.
Wineries & Vineyards Near You
We will be back soon with this info.
Best Local Happy Hours
These happy hours in Seattle can be a great option to buy cheaper alcoholic drinks after work when you need to unwind:
- Some Random Bar at 2604 1st Ave
- The 5 Point Cafe at 415 Cedar St
- Von’s 1000 Spirits at 1225 1st Ave
- Radiator Whiskey at 94 Pike St #30
- Rumba at 1112 Pike St
- The Matador at 5410 Ballard Ave NW
- Witness at 410 Broadway E
- John Howie Steak at 11111 NE 8th St #125, Bellevue
- Woodblock at 16175 Cleveland St #109, Redmond
- The Harp Bar and Restaurant at 24437 Russell Rd #117, Kent
- Anthony’s HomePort Everett at 1726 W Marine View Dr, Everett
The 5 Point Cafe is one of the oldest city bars in Belltown and Queen Anne. They offer inexpensive meals and have happy hour Monday to Friday from 6am to 8am and 4pm to 6pm.
Von’s 1000 Spirits is a bespoke spirits and scratch cocktail destination in downtown Seattle. They create small casked bourbon, gin, vodka and tequila for their signature cocktails, and their happy hour is from 3pm to 6pm every day.
Rumba creates tasty rum and well-balanced artisan cocktails using fresh juices, handmade syrups and high-quality ingredients. They are known as one of the town’s premier rum bars in your area. Try their pan-Caribbean Island speciality menu and don’t forget to stop by for happy hour from 4pm to 5:30pm.
Come and taste Southern-inspired dishes and high-quality craft cocktails at Witness. They serve brunch on the weekends from 10am to 2:45pm and their great happy hour near you is from the end of brunch to 6pm on the weekends and from 4pm to 6pm on the weekdays.
John Howie is a steakhouse with a wine bar that has an award-winning wine list with bottles from around the world. There is also a happy hour every day from 4pm to 6pm.
Woodblock provides both indoor and outdoor dining options while serving specialty meals and the drink menu is worth exploring as it includes classic cocktails. Come for their happy hour from 3pm to 5pm.
You can also read our:
- Spokane Local Alcohol Guide
- Vancouver Local Alcohol Guide
- Portland Local Alcohol Guide
- All-Pacific NW Local Alcohol Guide
Enjoy Drinking Wine, Liquor, & Beer In Seattle
For the time being that is all we have to share but check back in because we will do our best to keep this page updated. After reading about all of those local liquor stores, wine shops, breweries, beer bars, wine bars, wineries, vineyards, and happy hours near you we think you are ready to accomplish your goal.
Do us a favor and mention if we got anything incorrect or if any of the above places have closed down in the comments so we can keep the lists up to date. Now have fun drinking wine, liquor, or beer in Seattle.