We will all be going on a deep dive into where you can buy wine, liquor, and beer in Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg together over the next few minutes. Our only real objective is to cover as much as we can in this local alcohol guide.
Kicking this off will be a list of the best liquor stores and wine shops in your area. Those that are ready to go pick up a bottle of vodka, tequila, wine, or a case of beer will be filled in first so they can get the party started soon.
Once the stores are out of the way we will get into the best local breweries and beer bars, and a list of Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg wine bars will follow that up. Wineries and vineyards will get a shout out, and we will round this all out by mentioning some of the best happy hours near you to buy cheap alcoholic drinks after your work day ends.
Towards the end you will find an alcohol map for your area with all of the various venues we are mentioning pinned on it. And all of our posts about drinking liquor in the Southeast are available at that link if you want to check them out.
Best Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In Tampa Bay & St. Petersburg
Our favorite liquor stores and wine shops in Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg to buy vodka, tequila, a case of beer, or a bottle of wine would be:
- 3am Liquors at 13904 W Hillsborough Ave
- Westshore Liquors & Cigars at 3658 S West Shore Blvd
- Whiskey Willy’s at 8020 W Hillsborough Ave
- Spirits 365 at 10570 Gandy Blvd N, St. Petersburg
- The Keys Liquor Store at 4360 6th St S, St. Petersburg
- 1st Ave Liquors at 1211 1st Ave N #100-c, St. Petersburg
- Sunshine Liquors at 800 Chestnut St, Clearwater
The Keys Liquor Store has been in operation for nearly a decade with an ever-changing and growing range of liquor from high-end rare finds to a bottle of Louis XIII on hand for anyone celebrating a special event or a taste for the sublime. 1st Ave Liquors is a great place to go if you’re looking for hard-to-find bourbons and whiskeys.
They supply a good assortment of wines ranging from every day to boutique lines that are added weekly. For a large choice of liquors, cold beers, cigarettes, and snacks with excellent prices and service head to Sunshine Liquors.
Breweries & Beer Bars Near You
There are some nice breweries and beer bars in town like:
- Bay Cannon Beer at 2106 W Main St
- Barrie Haus Beer at 1403 E 5th Ave
- Coppertail Brewing at 2601 E 2nd Ave
- Tampa Bay Brewing at 1600 E 8th Ave
- Mechanic Meadery at 1506 N Florida Ave
- Cigar City Brewing at 3924 W Spruce St
- Magnanimous Brewing at 1420 N Florida Ave
- Bayboro Brewing at 2390 5th Ave S, St. Petersburg
- Pinellas Ale Works Brewery at 1962 1st Ave S, St. Petersburg
- Green Bench Brewing at 1133 Baum Ave N, St. Petersburg
- Clearwater Brewing at 1700 N Fort Harrison Ave, Clearwater
- Tidal Brewing at 14311 Spring Hill Dr, Spring Hill
- The Good Liquid Brewing at 4824 14th St W, Bradenton
As a community-focused microbrewery serving unique craft lagers and ales with a 150-year brewing history in your area Barrie Haus Beer is worth a visit. Coppertail Brewing is an independent brewery and tasting facility built with the mission to deliver more excellent Florida beer to the thirsty masses.
You will find a diverse range of handcrafted award-winning beer at Cigar City Brewing. Pinellas Ale Works Brewery takes pride in the high quality and diversity of its artisan beers which include PAW’s core brands as well as a rotating selection of experimental craft beer pilot batches, seasonal releases, and one hard cider.
Green Bench Brewing is a great option if you’re looking for beers, meads, and ciders produced using fresh, local, and traditional ingredients. The Good Liquid Brewing has a number of brew rooms that can handle both large and small batches of year-round favorites as well as seasonal and experimental drinks. They serve a wide range of beer styles to choose from along with high-quality craft food to go with them.
Wine Bars In Tampa Bay & St. Petersburg
Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg wine bars are a great place to relax with friends as well as being good options for a date night:
- Ybor City Wine Bar at 1600 E 7th Ave
- West Palm Wines & Beaune’s Wine Bar at 2009 N 22nd St
- The Wine Exchange at 1609 W Snow Ave
- Wine Bar Vintage at 300 Beach Dr NE #128, St. Petersburg
- Dracula’s Legacy Wine Bar & Bistro at 111 2nd Ave NE #102, St. Petersburg
- Sola Bistro & Wine Bar at 6700 Gulf Blvd, St Pete Beach
- Clearwater Wine Bar & Bistro at 482 Poinsettia Ave, Clearwater Beach
- The Stein & Vine at 827 W Bloomingdale Ave, Brandon
The Ybor City Wine Bar features over 200 hand-selected fairly priced boutique wines as well as an impressive list of craft beers by the glass or bottle. They can accommodate groups of all sizes and are available for private events like fundraisers, birthday parties, and holiday celebrations.
With a huge selection of excellent wines accessible in a retail setting West Palm Wines & Beaune’s Wine Bar is one of the leading stores and professional wine storage facilities near you. The Wine Exchange is modeled after a European roadside cafe and has served delicious food with wines in the city for over 20 years.
European wines, beers, ciders, seltzers, coffees, and cigars are all available at Dracula’s Legacy Wine Bar & Bistro. Come to Clearwater Wine Bar & Bistro for wonderful Mexican and Mediterranean cuisine, outstanding sangria on the beach, 50 wines by the glass, and locally brewed craft beer. The Stein & Vine is a neighborhood craft beer taproom, wine bar, and restaurant with more than 40 rotating craft beers and over 35 fine wines plus delicious food to match.
Wineries & Vineyards In Your Area
Head to one of these wineries or vineyards near you to see how the sausage gets made:
- Aspirations Winery at 22041 US Hwy 19 N
- Murielle Winery at 13131 56th Ct N #305
- Keel and Curley Winery at 5202 Thonotosassa Rd
- Florida Orange Groves Winery at 1500 Pasadena Ave S
Aspirations Winery handcrafts over 30 wines every year and offers tours along with tasting experiences for groups. You may head to Keel and Curley Winery for high-quality locally grown food and beverages.
The Florida Orange Groves Winery manufactures, distributes, and sells fine wine as well as premium products from Florida that are culturally significant. Currently they produce 43 different types of wine from 100 percent pure tropical fruit that aren’t blends or fusions.
Best Local Happy Hours
You can buy cheaper alcoholic drinks if you know when and where the best Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg happy hours are:
- American Social at 601 S Harbour Island Blvd #107, Tampa,
- Bar Louie at 2223 N Westshore Blvd #B202
- Bulla Gastrobar at 930 S Howard Ave
- Hattricks at 107 S Franklin St
- Kona Grill at 4134 W Boy Scout Blvd #1
- Cask Social Kitchen at 208 S Howard Ave
- Tryst Gastro Lounge at 240 Beach Dr NE, St. Petersburg
- The Oyster Bar at 249 Central Ave, St. Petersburg
- Cooters Restaurant & Bar at 423 Poinsettia Ave, Clearwater Beach
- Stonewood Grill & Tavern at 612 E Bloomingdale Ave, Brandon
American Social gives an upscale yet relaxed dining experience with their specialty late-night entertainment and resort-style patios that will take your troubles away. Enjoy their great happy hour near you Monday to Friday from 4pm to 7pm.
You may visit Bar Louie for their happy hour from 4pm to 7pm every day. Hattricks serves an ever-changing variety of local craft beers plus is one of the few places in Downtown that has a daily happy hour from 4pm to 8pm and again from 10pm until closing.
Kona Grill has a happy hour for drinks Monday to Friday from 4pm to 6pm while the happy hour for food is available from 9pm to 10pm Monday to Thursday. At the Oyster Bar both locals and tourists may experience a range of fresh seafood, beef, and poultry dishes. Come for their happy hour in St. Petersburg from 3pm to 6pm every day.
Cooters presents cold beer served in chilled mugs plus excellent specialties like oysters, wings, prawns, liquor, and wine with a daily happy hour from 3pm to 6pm. If you want to eat oak-grilled steaks and fresh seafood with an amazing atmosphere Stonewood Grill & Tavern is a great option and their happy hour is from 4pm to 7pm.
We have also written about:
Enjoy Drinking Wine, Liquor, & Beer In Tampa Bay & St. Petersburg
We wish we had more to share but we will try to keep this page as up to date as we can. Hopefully you learned at least a little something about all of the local liquor stores, wine shops, breweries, beer bars, wine bars, wineries, vineyards, and happy hours in your area.
Don’t be afraid to let us know if you found anything incorrect on this page in the comments, we want to keep this info as accurate as we can. Now go have fun drinking wine, liquor, or beer in Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg.