We appreciate you taking the time to read this blog about where to buy wine, liquor, and beer in Atlanta. Our alcohol guide will attempt to cover the subject in as much depth as possible.
We’ll start with a list of the best local liquor stores and wine shops near you. Anyone who wants to buy a bottle of vodka, tequila, wine, or a case of beer will get their information quickly so they can go get what they desire soon.
Following that we’ll look into the top breweries and beer bars before sharing a list of excellent wine bars. Wineries and vineyards in your area will be mentioned, and we’ll finish up by discussing some of the top local happy hours where you can get cheap alcoholic drinks after work.
An alcohol map will be shared near the end that has all of the establishments we’ve mentioned pinned on it. Posts on grabbing a drink in other cities around the region can be looked through at that link if interested.
Best Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In Atlanta
You will be able to buy a case of beer, a bottle of vodka, tequila, or wine, or just about any other alcoholic beverage at one of the best Atlanta liquor stores and wine shops:
- Tower Beer at 2161 Piedmont Rd NE
- Greens at 2614 Buford Hwy NE
- Mac’s Beer & Wine at 21 Peachtree Pl NW
- Elemental Spirits Co at 602 N Highland Ave
- Virginia Curve at 856 Virginia Ave
- Citi Wine & Spirits at 5861 Roswell Rd, Sandy Springs
- Hal’s Package at 1223 Columbia Dr, Decatur
- Minks Package at 2565 Delk Rd SE, Marietta
Tower Beer sells fine wines, specialty spirits, and craft beers from around the world. You can buy beers, liquors, wines, mixers, and much more at Greens.
Wine discounts and beer specials in your area are offered at Virginia Curve where whisky sampling is also provided. Hal’s Package sells liquor in Decatur from 9am to 10pm Monday through Wednesday, until 11:30pm on Friday and Saturday, and 12:30pm to 8pm on Sunday.
Beers, wines, liquors, mixers, premium cigars, and plenty more are sold at Minks Package.
Breweries & Beer Bars Near You
These local breweries and beer bars are fantastic places to go whether you want to sample new suds or just watch the game with some friends:
- Bold Monk at 1737 Ellsworth Industrial Blvd NW
- The Porter at 1156 Euclid Ave NE
- Wrecking Bar at 292 Moreland Ave NE
- Monday Night at 670 Trabert Ave NW
- Scofflaw at 1738 MacArthur Blvd NW
- Georgia Beer at 420 Edgewood Ave SE
- Porter Pizza at 6370 Powers Ferry Rd NW #101, Sandy Springs
- Three Taverns at 121 New St, Decatur
An extensive list of over 430 beers, cocktails, wines, whiskeys, and liqueurs are available at The Porter. They also offer beer tastings and festivals in your area and have been voted the best bar food in town before.
Wrecking Bar provides aging stouts, barley wines, and scotch ales in bourbon and rum barrels. They bagged two awards in 2018 for their Willett bourbon barrel aged Ye Old Sprinklerhead Barleywine.
Many people have been buying and drinking great beers at Monday Night since 2006. 24 taps of locally brewed beers and ciders as well as a plethora of bottles, cans, and bar foods are available at Georgia where both indoor and outdoor seating are also featured.
Wine Bars In Atlanta
Visit wine bars near you for a date night, a business meeting, or for a gather with friends:
- Barcelona Wine at 240 N Highland Ave NE
- CRÚ Food & Wine at 915 Battery Ave SE
- The Lawrence at 905 Juniper St NE
- 8ARM at 710 Ponce De Leon Ave NE
- Stem Wine Bar at 1311 Johnson Ferry Rd #516, Marietta
- VIN25 at 25 Plum Tree St, Roswell
- Brick at 125 E Court Square, Decatur
Barcelona Wine serves Mediterranean, Spanish, and South American influenced tapas and has over 400 different types of wines. CRÚ offers 300 bottled wines and 30 varieties by the glass.
Exquisite handcrafted cocktails as well as delicious Southern brunch, lunch, and dinner are served at The Lawrence. You can also choose from a fine selection of wines near you as well as artisan food at Stem.
VIN25 is a neighborhood bar and bistro featuring international wines, artisan spirits, and craft beers as well as American cuisine including snacks, salads, and entrees.
Wineries & Vineyards In Your Area
Although these wineries and vineyards might not be right in the city they are well worth the trip:
- Shezmu Cellars at 562 Wylie Rd SE #3, Marietta
- Wine Workshop at 2891 E Ponce de Leon Ave, Decatur
- Little Vine Vineyards at 665 N Hulett Rd, Villa Rica
Shezmu Cellars produces local meads and offers 30 taps of craft beers and over 25 wines from North Georgia. They also host private events, live music, art exhibits, and comedy shows.
Wine Workshop is open Monday through Saturday and offers in-store winemaking, wine and beer making supplies, and hosts various classes and events. Traditional wines from the 1890’s are available at Little Vine Vineyards.
Wine tastings in Atlanta are also available at 3 Parks, Wine Shoe, Savvy Cellars, and Wahoo from our other lists.
Best Local Happy Hours
When you need to unwind after work these happy hours in Atlanta are great places to buy cheaper alcoholic drinks:
- The Optimist at 914 Howell Mill Rd
- Whiskey Bird at 1409 N Highland Ave NE
- 5Church at 1197 Peachtree St NE #528
- Cypress Street Pint at 817 W Peachtree St NW
- Jinya Ramen at 5975 Roswell Rd #B217, Sandy Springs
- Kimball House at 303 E Howard Ave, Decatur
- Pappadeaux Seafood at 2830 Windy Hill Rd SE, Marietta
The Optimist excels at providing high quality seafood such as fresh oysters from the Alabama coast, scallops from the Maine sea, hickory roasted trout from Georgia, Southern hush puppies, and lobster rolls. Visit them for one of the best happy hours in Atlanta on weekdays from 5pm to 6pm.
17 beers on tap, 40 bottled selections, wines, and spirits are available at Cypress Street Pint as well as local happy hours on weekdays from 5pm to 7pm. Jinya is a lively Japanese restaurant that is known for its slow cooked homemade ramen.
We have also written about:
- Wine & Beer Bars In Charlotte
- Wine & Beer Bars In Nashville
- Wine & Beer Bars In Memphis
- Wine & Beer Bars In Miami
Enjoy Drinking Wine, Liquor, & Beer In Atlanta
That’s all we have for now but keep checking back because we’ll try our best to keep this page updated. We know you are ready to achieve your goal after reading about all of the local liquor stores, wine shops, breweries, beer bars, wine bars, wineries, vineyards, and happy hours in your area.
Please let us know if we missed anything or if any of the above establishments have closed in the comments so we can keep the lists up to date. Now you can enjoy drinking wine, liquor, or beer in Atlanta.