Anyone that wants to learn about where to buy wine, liquor, and beer in Houston has definitely found the right blog. Our alcohol guide will try to cover the topic in as detailed of a way as we possibly can so that you can make the right decision on how to proceed.
A list of the best local liquor stores and wine shops in town will get us going. Anyone that is ready to go pick up a bottle of vodka, tequila, wine, or a case of beer will get their info quick and be ready to head out the door.
Up next we will dive into the best breweries and beer bars near you, and a list of Houston wine bars will follow that up. Wineries and vineyards in your area will get a shout out, and we will wrap this up by mentioning some of the best local happy hours where you can buy cheap alcoholic drinks after your work day ends.
Towards the end you will find a map for the area with all of the various venues we are mentioning pinned on it. And everyone is welcome to read some of our other posts on drinking alcohol in the Midwest right there.
Best Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In Houston
Whether you want to buy a case of beer, some vodka, tequila, wine, or just about any other alcoholic drink you should be able to get them at any of these best liquor stores and wine shops in Houston:
- Best Royal Liquor at 11023 Telephone Rd
- Spec’s Wines, Spirits & Finer Foods at 2410 Smith St
- The Liquor Store at 2112 Holly Hall St
- OST Liquor Store at 3928 Old Spanish Trail E
- Village Liquor at 3406 N Shepherd Dr
- H & S Liquor Store at 1900 N Frazier St #A, Conroe
- One Stop Liquor Store at 520 N Friendswood Dr, Friendswood
- Pasadena Liquor Warehouse at 2539 Preston Rd, Pasadena
- Angel Liquor at 4734 LJ Pkwy #308, Sugar Land
- Dandy Liquor at 25681 Nelson Way #140, Katy
Best Royal Liquor sells wines, beers, and plenty more alcoholic drinks. Many people have been buying wines, liquors, spirits, beers, gourmet snacks, accessories, and much more at Spec’s since 1962.
The Liquor Store excels at providing one of the greatest assortments of wines, liquors, liqueurs, beers, and cigars in your area from all across the world. You can buy beers, wines, mixers, and many more beverages at OST.
Village Liquor has been a family owned and operated store specializing in limited edition and antique spirits, wines, and craft beers since 1983. A large selection of bottles including wines, whiskeys, and craft beers near you in Katy are available at Dandy.
Breweries & Beer Bars In Your Area
When you want to go sample some new suds or just watch the game with some pals these local breweries and beer bars are a great option:
- New Magnolia Brewing at 1616 Bevis St
- Spindletap Brewery at 10622 Hirsch Rd
- 8th Wonder Brewery at 2202 Dallas St
- Baileson Brewing at 2322 Bissonnet St
- 11 Below Brewing at 6820 Bourgeois Rd
- Woodson’s Local Tap + Kitchen at 2330 Farm to Market Rd 1488, The Woodlands
- Southern Star Brewing at 3525 N Frazier St, Conroe
- B-52 Brewing at 12470 Milroy Ln, Conroe
- Chili’s Grill & Bar at 5548 Fairmont Pkwy, Pasadena
- Live Oak Grill at 12935 Dairy Ashford Rd, Sugar Land
- No Label Brewing at 5351 1st St, Katy
Spindletap Brewery is a good option for quality local beers. You can choose from a selection of artisanal spirits and delectable drinks at 8th Wonder Brewery.
Baileson Brewing serves flavorful cuisine and handcrafted beers in your area. Southern Star Brewing who you can find in Conroe makes a Bombshell Blond Ale that is definitely a must try.
Wine Bars In Houston
Wine bars in your area are a great place for a date, a business meeting, or to hang out with a big group of friends:
- 13 Celsius at 3000 Caroline St
- Light Years Natural Wine Shop & Bar at 1304 W Alabama St
- Sonoma Wine Bar at Upper Kirby at 2720 Richmond Ave
- Memorial Wine Cellar at 7951 Katy Fwy #B
- Bacco at 5010 Dincans St
- Red Brick Tavern at 119 Simonton St, Conroe
- Bistro 313 at 313 E Edgewood Dr, Friendswood
- Vino & Vinyl at 15977 City Walk, Sugar Land
- The Cellar Door at 829 Mason Rd #280, Katy
13 Celsius is a Mediterranean style bar serving wines, cheeses and charcuteries, paninis, handcrafted truffles, and plenty more. They also offer local wine flights, tastings, and over 30 bottled beers featuring seasonal and limited edition brews.
Light Years Natural Wine Shop and Bar is open from 2pm to 10pm Sunday through Wednesday and until 12am Thursday through Saturday. You can buy bottles and cases of wines at Memorial.
Vino and Vinyl sells artisan wines and craft beers in Sugar Land and offers a 25% discount per bottle as well as tasting events.
Wineries & Vineyards Near You
While these wineries and vineyards may not be right in town they are worth the drive:
- Fall Creek Vineyards at 1820 Co Rd 222
- Becker Vineyards at 464 Becker Farms Rd
- Duchman Family Winery at 13308 Ranch to Market Rd 150
- Bent Oak Winery at 2000 Windy Terrace #2B
- Spicewood Vineyards at 1419 Co Rd 409
- Calais Winery at 8115 US-290, Hye
- Kerrville Hills Winery at 3600 Fredericksburg Rd
Fall Creek Vineyards has been around for five generations producing high quality wines in your area. You can find 74 fermentation tanks, over 4,500 French and American oak barrels, and state of the art bottling machinery from Italy at Becker Vineyard’s.
Some of Duchman Family’s specialty wines include Vermentino, Sangiovese, and Dolcetto. They were named as one of the top 20 most beautiful vineyards in the country by HGTV.
Spicewood Vineyards excels at producing high quality wines using locally grown grapes. Calais is known for providing premium wines and hosting intimate tasting events.
Both 13 Celsius and Vino and Vinyl from our previous list offer tastings too.
Best Local Happy Hours
These happy hours in Houston can be a great option to buy cheaper alcoholic drinks after work when you need to unwind:
- Wooster’s Garden at 3315 Milam St
- Upstairs Bar & Lounge at 2356 Rice Blvd fl 2
- Heights Beer Garden at 1433 N Shepherd Dr #1
- Roka Akor at 2929 Weslayan St
- The Republic Grille at 4775 W Panther Creek Dr #490, The Woodlands
- Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen at 18165 I-45, Conroe
- Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille at 700 Baybrook Mall, Friendswood
- The Don’Key Mexican Food at 5010 Spencer Hwy, Pasadena
- Jupiter Pizza & Waffles at 16135 City Walk, Sugar Land
- Crafted Kitchen & Taps at 1443 FM 1463 #100, Katy
Upstairs Bar and Lounge has a 175 capacity room for private gatherings and is also a good place to go for wood fired pizza and handmade cocktails as well as great Houston happy hours from 4pm to 7pm.
Roka Akor serves signature cocktails, wines, sakes, and wines near you as well as grilled seafood, sushi, and steaks and even provides alcoholic drink discounts from 4:30pm to 6pm. Chips and salsa are always flowing at The Don’Key Mexican Food where local happy hours in Pasadena are also offered from 3pm to 5pm.
Jupiter has pizza, waffles, and many more tasty pub foods as well as happy hours in Sugar Land from 3pm to 7pm.
You can also read our posts on:
Enjoy Drinking Wine, Liquor, & Beer In Houston
For the time being that is all we have to share but check back in because we will do our best to keep this page updated. After reading about all of those local liquor stores, wine shops, breweries, beer bars, wine bars, wineries, vineyards, and happy hours near you we think you are ready to accomplish your goal.
Do us a favor and mention if we got anything incorrect or if any of the above places have closed down in the comments so we can keep the lists up to date. Now have fun drinking wine, liquor, or beer in Houston.