If you are hoping to learn about where to buy wine, liquor, and beer in Kansas City you have definitely come to the right place. Our alcohol guide will try to cover the topic in as detailed of a way as we possibly can so that you can make the right decision on how to proceed.
A list of the best liquor stores and wine shops in town will get us going. Anyone that is ready to go pick up a bottle of vodka, tequila, wine, or a case of beer will get their info quick and be ready to head out the door.
Up next we will dive into the best breweries and beer bars near you, and a list of Kansas City wine bars will follow that up. Wineries and vineyards in your area will get a shout out, and we will wrap this up by mentioning some of the best local happy hours where you can buy cheap alcoholic drinks after your work day ends.
Towards the end you will find an alcohol map for the area with all of the various venues we are mentioning pinned on it. And everyone is welcome to read some of our other blogs about where to grab a drink in this part of the world.
Best Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In Kansas City
Whether you want to buy a case of beer, some vodka, tequila, wine, or just about any other alcoholic drink you should be able to get them at any of these best liquor stores and wine shops in Kansas City:
- Brookside Wine & Spirits at 600 E 63rd St
- Plaza Liquor at 4500 Belleview Ave
- Gomer’s Midtown at 3838 Broadway Blvd
- Liquor Plus Wine Spirits, & Craft Beer at 5753 NE Antioch Rd
- Metcalf Discount Liquor at 6882 W 135th St, Overland Park
- Stan’s Liquor at 11305 E US Hwy 40, Independence
- Prairie Liquors at 11152 S Lone Elm Rd, Olathe
- Libations & Company at 23 SE 3rd St, Lee’s Summit
- Liquor Houzz at 601 MO-7, Blue Springs
Brookside Wine and Spirits sells beers, ciders, and mixers. Plaza Liquor provides an assortment of alcoholic beverages near you including beers and wines as well as gift vouchers. Excellent wines, beers, and spirits are also available at Gomer’s Midtown.
Liquor Plus Wine Spirits, and Craft Beer has been in business for over 30 years. Quality spirits, bitters, tonics, syrups, and barware are all in stock at Libations. Liquor Houzz has numerous fantastic collections of craft beers, wines, along with all kinds of other drinks.
Breweries & Beer Bars In Your Area
When you want to go sample some new suds or just watch the game with some pals these local breweries and beer bars are a great option:
- Callsign Brewing at 1447 Gentry St
- The Big Rip Brewing at 216 E 9th Ave
- Kansas City Bier at 310 W 79th St
- Cinder Block Brewery at 110 E 18th Ave
- Brew Lab at 7925 Marty St, Overland Park
- 3 Trails Brewing at 111 N Main St, Independence
- Red Crow Brewing at 1062 W Santa Fe St, Olathe
- Diametric Brewing at 949 NE Columbus, Lee’s Summit
- Wind Shift Brewing at 3421B NW Jefferson St, Blue Springs
Callsign offers an assortment of drinks you typically want in a taproom as well as shuffleboards, darts, and a few board games. Big Rip has been selling beers, liquors, cocktails, wines, and many more alcoholic beverages near you for almost 10 years.
Brew Lab provides handcrafted local beers with happy hours from 3:30pm to 6:00pm Tuesday through Friday and all day on a Sunday. Quality beer by the glass and sample flights are available at 3 Trails Brewing. Diametric prepares a wide variety of brews on a regular basis.
Wine Bars In Kansas City
Wine bars in your area are a great place for a date, a business meeting, or to hang out with a big group of friends:
- Tannin Wine Bar & Kitchen at 1526 Walnut St
- Somerset Wine & Cider Bar at 311 E 135th St
- JJ’s Restaurant at 4810 Roanoke Pkwy
- Louie’s Wine Dive & Kitchen 119 at 6701 W 119th St, Overland Park
- Wine Down 109 at 10914 E Winner Rd, Independence
A great KC happy hour is available at Somerset with live performances and areas for special events. JJ’s has been preparing delectable contemporary American cuisine, steaks, and wines since 1985.
Numerous varieties of wines, craft beer, and cocktails are all offered at Louie’s. Wine Down 109 provides assortments of martinis, cocktails, beers, and more with non-alcoholic alternatives.
Wineries & Vineyards Near You
While these wineries and vineyards may not be right in KC they are worth the drive:
- Top Hat Winery at 120 S Main St
- Amigoni Urban Winery at 1505 Genessee St #100
- Belvoir Winery & Inn at 1325 Odd Fellows Rd
- Mallinson Vineyard & Hall at 3029 N River Blvd
- Stonehaus Farms Winery at 24607 NE Colbern Rd
Top Hat produces distinct wines and hard ciders in a welcoming and enjoyable environment. Amigoni Urban creates quality handcrafted wines in your area from traditional European grape varieties.
Belvoir offers complimentary wine tastings and invites guests to explore their historic local vineyard. Mallinson is also a solid option to enjoy and explore another beautiful vineyard near KC. Stonehaus Farms Winery has been open to the public since 1996 and special celebrations are accommodated.
Best Local Happy Hours
These happy hours in Kansas City can be a great option to buy cheaper alcoholic drinks after work when you need to unwind:
- Kona Grill at 444 Ward Pkwy
- Harry’s Country Club at 112 E Missouri Ave
- The Well Bar Grill and Rooftop at 7421 Broadway
- Westport Cafe at 419 Westport Rd
- The BrewTop Pub & Patio at 6601 W 135th St, Overland Park
- 54th Street Grill & Bar at 18700 E 38th Terrace S, Independence
- Sake Lounge at 11953 S Strang Line Rd, Olathe
- Pearl Tavern at 1672 NW Chipman Rd, Lee’s Summit
- Responders Grill and Bar at 2003 NW Hwy 7, Blue Springs
You can find one of the best happy hours near you from 3pm to 7pm Monday through Friday at Harry’s Country Club. Daily promotions are available from 4pm to 6pm and from 10pm to closing time at Westport Cafe. The BrewTop Pub and Patio offers a wide variety of beers and drinks with local happy hours in Overland Park from 2pm to 5pm and 10pm to 2am Tuesday through Thursday, from 2pm to 7pm on Fridays, from 11am to 6pm on Saturdays, and all day on Sundays and Mondays.
Sake Lounge serves fresh sushi as well as premium sakes and wines with a happy hour from 3:30pm to 9pm. Pearl Tavern has promotions during another great KC happy hour from 3pm to 6pm and 8pm to 9pm.
You can also read our posts on:
- The Best Happy Hours St. Louis
- The Best Happy Hours Omaha
- The Best Happy Hours Wichita
- The Best Happy Hours Oklahoma City
Enjoy Drinking Wine, Liquor, & Beer In Kansas City
For the time being that is all we have to share but check back in because we will do our best to keep this page updated. After reading about all of those local liquor stores, wine shops, breweries, beer bars, wine bars, wineries, vineyards, and happy hours near you we think you are ready to accomplish your goal.
Do us a favor and mention if we got anything incorrect or if any of the above places have closed down in the comments so we can keep the lists up to date. Now have fun drinking wine, liquor, or beer in Kansas City.