We are all about to go on a deep dive into where you can buy wine, liquor, and beer in St. Louis together. Our only real objective is to cover as much as we can in this local alcohol guide.
Kicking this off will be a list of the best liquor stores and wine shops in your area. Those that are ready to go pick up a bottle of vodka, tequila, wine, or a case of beer will be filled in first so they can get the party started soon.
Once the stores are out of the way we will get into the best local breweries and beer bars, and a list of St. Louis wine bars will follow that up. Wineries and vineyards will get a shout out, and we will round this all out by mentioning some of the best happy hours near you to buy cheap alcoholic drinks after your work day ends.
Towards the end you will find an alcohol map for your area with all of the various venues we are mentioning pinned on it. You are all welcome to check out some of our other blogs on other cities in the Midwest there if you like.
Best Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In St. Louis
Our favorite liquor stores and wine shops in St. Louis to buy vodka, tequila, a case of beer, or a bottle of wine would be:
- Intoxicology at 4321 Manchester Ave
- Randall’s Wines & Spirits at 1910 S Jefferson Ave
- North Main Liquor at 998 N Main St, O’Fallon
- Royals Liquor at 511 Jungermann Rd, St Peters
- Gabi’s Liquor at 7749, 710 S New Florissant Rd, Florissant
The Intoxicology is a one-stop destination for a vast assortment of artisanal spirits, bitters, shrubs, bar tools, books, vintage glassware, and more. They also offer tastings and classes in a comfortable environment to educate you on the culture of craft cocktails.
Royals Liquor has been in business for over 20 years supplying a wide range of wines, beers, spirits, and cigars in your are at reasonable prices. You can get 10% off if you buy 5 bottles of wine and obtain 5% off liquor every day.
Breweries & Beer Bars Near You
There are some nice breweries and beer bars in town like:
- Modern Brewery at 5231 Manchester Ave e
- 4 Hands Brewing at 1220 S 8th St
- 2nd Shift Brewing at 1601 Sublette Ave #2
- Perennial Artisan Ales at 8125 Michigan Ave
- Budweiser Brewery Tour at 1200 Lynch St
- Petrichor Brewing at 7434 Village Center Dr, O’Fallon
- Third Wheel Brewing at 4008 N Service Rd, St Peters
- Narrow Gauge Brewing at 1595 US-67, Florissant
- Two Plumbers Brewery at 2236 1st Capitol Dr, St Charles
4 Hands Brewing presents more than 10 beers on draft and a full bar with food available for purchase on the main floor. Their upstairs tasting room has free skee ball and old-school arcade games during operating hours.
One of the most popular tourist attractions in the city is the Budweiser and Anheuser-Busch Brewery where tours are free. You will be able to see the brewhouse, packaging plant, and even the stables for the clydesdales.
Third Wheel Brewing carries a diverse selection of craft beer styles ranging from pilsners to massive stouts all of which are brewed on-site. They also host many entertaining events like beer bingo and live music.
Wine Bars In St. Louis
St. Louis wine bars are a great place to relax with friends as well as being good options for a date night:
- Novella Wine Bar at 5510 S Kingshighway Blvd
- 33 Wine Shop & Bar at 1913 Park Ave
- Scarlett’s Wine Bar at 4253 Laclede Ave
- Chateau Maplewood Wine Bar & Shop at 7326 Manchester Rd
- Bridge Tap House & Wine Bar at 1004 Locust St
- Rendezvous Cafe & Wine Bar at 217 S Main St, O’Fallon
- Wine House & Beer Garden at 311 Main St, St Peters
- Bella Vino Wine Bar at 325 S Main St, St Charles
Novella Wine Bar has a one-of-a-kind wine selection that includes outstanding wines from Eastern Europe. The true jewels of their excellent drinks are made from little-known indigenous grapes such as Plavac Mali from Croatia, Vranec from Macedonia, Blatina from Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Refosk from Slovenia.
33 Wine Shop & Bar sells over 500 carefully curated wines from around the world, a fantastic range of whiskeys, and specialty brews. All wines are available for take-out at competitive retail prices and you will receive a 10% discount on all purchases if you join their club.
Scarlett’s Wine Bar delivers a wide array of wines from across the world, specialty cocktails, and artisanal beers in your area. They’ve got you covered with everything from light snacks to a multi-course dinner including pizzas, salads, sandwiches, hearty entrees, cheeses, and charcuteries.
Chateau Maplewood Wine Bar & Shop has a rotating retail wine selection of around 150 bottles at reasonable prices with 5 to 10 new options added weekly. With over 55 beers on tap and 100 in bottles plus more than 100 wines Bridge Tap House & Wine Bar is a fantastic place to enjoy a variety of tasty drinks.
Rendezvous Cafe & Wine Bar is a local bar and restaurant that serves delectable food and excellent wine. They are a hub of activity in the neighborhood hosting anything from live entertainment and catering services to exciting beer events.
Wineries & Vineyards In Your Area
Head to one of these wineries or vineyards near you to see how the sausage gets made:
- Chandler Hill Vineyards at 596 Defiance Rd
- Villa Antonio Winery at 3660 Linhorst Rd
- Persimmon Ridge Winery at 7272 Sheppard Dr
- Augusta Winery at 5601 High St
- Schorr Lake Vineyards & Winery at 1032 S Library St
- Defiance Ridge Vineyards at 2711 S Missouri 94
Chandler Hill Vineyards has a full kitchen and they take reservations for groups of 20 or more on the deck or inside the tasting room. You may enjoy an award-winning wine paired with locally produced cheese and sausage at Augusta Winery.
They have an outdoor garden that features a spectacular 10-foot grapevine-covered arbor above a peaceful fountain, craft beers, and free live weekend entertainment from April to October. There is also a gift shop in the tasting room with something for every connoisseur.
Best Local Happy Hours
You can buy cheaper alcoholic drinks if you know when and where the best St. Louis happy hours are:
- Sq Wires Restaurant & Annex at 1415 S 18th St
- Planter’s House at 1000 Mississippi Ave
- Molly’s In Soulard at 816 Geyer Ave
- Hattrick’s Irish Sports Pub at 840 Bryan Rd, O’Fallon
- Hendel’s at 599 Rue St. Denis, Florissant
- Bar Louie at 103 Chesterfield Valley Dr, Chesterfield
- Mattingly’s Sports Bar & Grill at 3434 Harry S Truman Blvd, St Charles
If you want to try seasonal dishes with modern interpretations of classic American fare head to Sq Wires Restaurant & Annex. Their chefs prepare fresh seafood, prime meats, and delicious desserts with their signature simplicity and richness of flavor and they have a great local happy hour from 4pm to 7pm on Tuesday.
The happy hour at Molly’s in Soulard goes from 3pm to 7pm Monday through Friday. Go to Hattrick’s Irish Sports Pub for their happy hours from 3:33pm to 6:33pm or you can experience happy times at Hendel’s restaurant from 2pm to 5pm.
We have also written about:
- Everything About Alcohol In Kansas City
- Everything About Alcohol In Chicago
- Everything About Alcohol In Indianapolis
- Everything About Alcohol In Louisville
Enjoy Drinking Wine, Liquor, & Beer In St. Louis
We wish we had more to share but we will try to keep this page as up to date as we can. Hopefully you learned at least a little something about all of the local liquor stores, wine shops, breweries, beer bars, wine bars, wineries, vineyards, and happy hours in your area.
Don’t be afraid to let us know if you found anything incorrect on this page in the comments, we want to keep this info as accurate as we can. Now go have fun drinking wine, liquor, or beer in St. Louis.