Over the next few minutes we will all be going on a deep dive into where you can buy wine, liquor, and beer in Minneapolis and St. Paul together. Our only real objective is to cover as much as we can in this local alcohol guide.
Kicking this off will be a list of the best liquor stores and wine shops in your area. Those that are ready to go pick up a bottle of vodka, tequila, wine, or a case of beer will be filled in first so they can get the party started soon.
Once the stores are out of the way we will get into the best local breweries and beer bars, and a list of Minneapolis and St. Paul wine bars will follow that up. Wineries and vineyards will get a shout out, and we will round this all out by mentioning some of the best happy hours near you to buy cheap alcoholic drinks after your work day ends.
Towards the end you will find an alcohol map for the metro with all of the various venues we are mentioning pinned on it. You are all welcome to check out some of our other blogs on drinking in the Midwest right there if you want.
Best Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In Minneapolis & St. Paul
Our favorite liquor stores and wine shops in Minneapolis and St. Paul to buy vodka, tequila, a case of beer, or a bottle of wine would be:
- Haskell’s Wine and Spirits at 81 S 9th St #130
- Surdyk’s Liquor & Cheese Shop at 303 E Hennepin Ave
- South Lyndale Liquors at 5300 Lyndale Ave S
- Lowry Hill Liquors at 1922 Hennepin Ave
- Zipps Liquors at 2618 E Franklin Ave
- Hums Liquor at 2126 Lyndale Ave S
- Thomas Liquors at 1941 Grand Ave, St Paul
High quality distilled spirits, craft beers, and fine wines are available at Haskell’s. Lowry Hill has been one of the best liquor stores in your area since 1985 and has a great selection of fine spirits to choose from.
Craft beers, wines, liquors, and kegs have been distributed by Zipps since 1961. A variety of fine wines, craft beers, and artisanal spirits are provided at Thomas.
Breweries & Beer Bars Near You
There are some nice breweries and beer bars in town like:
- Fulton Brewing Taproom at 414 N 6th Ave
- 56 Brewing at 3055 NE Columbia Ave #102
- Sisyphus Brewing at 712 Ontario Ave W #100
- Surly Brewing at 520 Malcolm Ave SE
- Dangerous Man Brewing at 1300 NE 2nd St
- Indeed Brewing Company & Taproom at 711 NE 15th Ave
- Utepils Brewing at 225 Thomas Ave N #700
- Saint Paul Brewing at 688 Minnehaha Ave E, St Paul
- Bad Weather Brewing at 414 7th St W, St Paul
- Waldmann Brewery at 445 Smith Ave N, St Paul
- Lake Monster Brewing at 550 Vandalia St #160, St Paul
- Omni Brewing at 9462 Deerwood Ln N, Maple Grove
56 Brewing produces local beers from regional ingredients that are suited for every event. Surly is a great independent craft brewery in your area with numerous tap lines and beer hall exclusives. Another lovely destination for microbreweries and taprooms is Dangerous Man.
Indeed Brewing features an elevated and eclectic lineup of beers in its bar. Classic and distinctive beers are freshly brewed and served at Utepils. Waldmann offers alcoholic drinks and beverages with live musical entertainment.
Wine Bars In Minneapolis & St. Paul
Minneapolis and St. Paul wine bars are a great place to relax with friends as well as being good options for a date night:
- Troubadour Wine Bar at 2827 Hennepin Ave
- The Tasting Room at 1434 W 31st St
- Beaujo’s Wine Bar & Bistro at 4950 France Ave S
- Bar Brava at 1914 N Washington Ave
- The Riverview Coffee Shop & Wine Bar at 3753 42nd Ave S
- Sisters’ Sludge Coffee Cafe and Wine Bar at 3746 23rd Ave S
- Hodges Bend at 2700 University Ave W #100, St Paul
- Volo Wine at 4354-4382, Glumack Dr, St Paul
Wines, craft beers, grilled cheeses, and charcuterie boards are served at Troubadour. Some of the finest wines by the glass and bottle from small producers are also available at the Tasting Room. Beaujo’s offers wines and beers near you alongside soups, salads, sandwiches, flatbread pizzas, cheeses, and sausages.
Sister’s Sludge provides numerous selections of wines, beers, ciders, and coffees. A variety of cocktails, wines, coffees, and dishes are prepared at Hodges Bend. Volo delivers wines in the Minneapolis and St. Paul metro.
Wineries & Vineyards In Your Area
Head to one of these wineries or vineyards near you to see how the sausage gets made:
- The Winery at Sovereign Estate at 9950 N Shore Rd
- Urban Forage Winery & Cider House at 3016 E Lake St
- Warehouse Winery at 6415 Cambridge St
- Saint Croix Vineyards at 6428 Manning Ave N
- Schram Vineyards Winery at 8785 Airport Rd
- Parley Lake Winery at 8280 Parley Lake Rd
- Winehaven Winery at 10020 Deer Garden Ln
The Winery at Sovereign Estate offers tastings and sells varietals, vintages, apparel, and merchandise. Natural local wines, ciders, and meads are freshly produced at Urban Forage. Saint Croix features a picturesque vineyard where you can enjoy tastings, tours, live music, and picnics.
A vast vineyard and orchard where handcrafted wines for tastings are made is available at Parley Lake. Another good place to enjoy tastings is Winehaven.
Best Local Happy Hours
You can buy cheaper alcoholic drinks if you know when and where the best Minneapolis and St. Paul happy hours are:
- Barbette at 1600 W Lake St
- Kieran’s Irish Pub at 85 N 6th St
- Lyon’s Pub at 16 South 6th St
- Smack Shack at 603 N Washington Ave
- The Oceanaire Seafood Room at 50 South 6th St
- Cowboy Jack’s Downtown at 126 N 5th St
- Café & Bar Lurcat at 624 Harmon Pl
- Sweeney’s Saloon at 96 Dale St N, St Paul
- The Gnome Craft Pub at 498 Selby Ave, St Paul
- Brunson’s Pub at 956 Payne Ave, St Paul
The Oceanaire serves its specialty cocktails and wines by the glass with happy hours running from 3pm to 7pm Monday through Friday. Lurcat provides casual cocktails and a la carte bites with one of the best happy hours near you from 4:30pm to 6:30pm. Sweeney’s Saloon offers selections of food and craft beers with drink specials from 3pm to 6pm and 9pm to 2am daily.
Brunson’s has Minneapolis happy hours every Monday through Thursday from 2pm to 6pm, from 2pm to midnight on Fridays, and from 10pm until midnight on Saturdays. Barbette starts its promotional discounts from 3pm to 6pm Monday through Friday.
A happy hour starting at 11pm and going until 1am is available at Smack Shack. Both Cowboy Jack’s Downtown and Gnome Craft Pub offer liquor promos and discounts from 3pm to 6pm.
We have also written about:
Enjoy Drinking Wine, Liquor, & Beer In Minneapolis & St. Paul
We wish we had more to share but we will try to keep this page as up to date as we can. Hopefully you learned at least a little something about all of the local liquor stores, wine shops, breweries, beer bars, wine bars, wineries, vineyards, and happy hours in your area.
Don’t be afraid to let us know if you found anything incorrect on this page in the comments, we want to keep this info as accurate as we can. Now go have fun drinking wine, liquor, or beer in Minneapolis and St. Paul.