We are all about to go on a deep dive into where you can buy wine, liquor, and beer in Detroit together. Our only real objective is to cover as much as we can in this local alcohol guide.
Kicking this off will be a list of the best liquor stores and wine shops in your area. Those that are ready to go pick up a bottle of vodka, tequila, wine, or a case of beer will be filled in first so they can get the party started soon.
Once the stores are out of the way we will get into the best local breweries and beer bars, and a list of Detroit wine bars will follow that up. Wineries and vineyards will get a shout out, and we will round this all out by mentioning some of the best happy hours near you to buy cheap alcoholic drinks after your work day ends.
Towards the end you will find an alcohol map for your area with all of the various venues we are mentioning pinned on it. You are all welcome to check out some of our other blogs on other cities in this part of the world there if you like.
Best Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In Detroit
Our favorite liquor stores and wine shops in Detroit to buy vodka, tequila, a case of beer, or a bottle of wine would be:
- Athens Liquor Store at 579 Monroe St
- Finesse Liquor Store at 13625 Twelve Mile Rd, Warren
- Dearborn Liquor & Deli at 1150 N Telegraph Rd, Dearborn
- United 2 Liquor Store at 7551 Wyoming Ave, Dearborn
- Napa Valley Beverage at 35030 Mound Rd, Sterling Heights
- Liquor Shoppe at 28225 Five Mile Rd, Livonia
- Manny’s Liquor Shoppe at 42951 Dequindre Rd, Troy
Athens has one of the largest selections of liquors, liqueurs, and local and imported beers in your area. Fine wines and artisan beers are sold in Dearborn at United 2 Liquor Store.
Napa Valley Beverage Company sells beers, liquors, rums, tequilas, and wines in Sterling Heights. You can choose from a wide variety of beers, wines, liquors, and food at Manny’s.
Breweries & Beer Bars Near You
There are some nice breweries and beer bars in town like:
- Batch Brewing at 1400 Porter St
- Founders Brewing at 456 Charlotte St
- Eastern Market Brewing at 2515 Riopelle St
- Saucy Brew Works at 2671 John R St
- Dragonmead Brewery at 14600 E Eleven Mile Rd, Warren
- Downey Brewing at 13121 Prospect St, Dearborn
- Supernatural Brewing and Spirits at 36685 Plymouth Rd, Livonia
Founders Brewing has been ranked as one of the best breweries in the world and their products have been featured among the top 100 beers in the world on various publications.
40 distinct beers, meads, and wines as well as sampler platters are served with a twist at Dragonmead Brewery. Downey is a 10,000 square foot brewery near you that has a bar providing a fine selection of red and white wines, beers, and ciders as well as quiz nights, bike rides, and special events from 4pm to 10pm Tuesday through Friday and from 2pm on Saturday.
Wine Bars In Detroit
Detroit wine bars are a great place to relax with friends as well as being good options for a date night:
- Motor City Wine at 1949 Michigan Ave
- The Royce Detroit at 76 W Adams Ave
- Bad Luck Bar at 1218 Griswold St
- Seasons 52 at 1000 W Big Beaver Rd, Troy
A wide range of wines from across the world are offered at Motor City. The Royce showcases drinks from organic, biodynamic, and low intervention winemakers.
Wineries & Vineyards In Your Area
Head to one of these wineries or vineyards near you to see how the sausage gets made:
Owl Wineries offers handmade, bottled, corked, and labeled wines that are available in different flavors including cherry, apple, and blueberry.
Best Local Happy Hours
You can buy cheaper alcoholic drinks if you know when and where the best Detroit happy hours are:
- Mudgie’s Deli & Bar at 1413 Brooklyn St
- Kiesling at 449 E Milwaukee Ave
- Mootz Pizzeria + Bar at 1230 Library St
- Joe Muer Seafood at 400 Renaissance Center #1404
- Takoi at 2520 Michigan Ave
- Hop Cat at 4265 Woodward Ave
- Ford’s Garage at 21367 Michigan Ave, Dearborn
- Johnny Blacks Public House at 35000 Moravian Dr, Sterling Heights
- The Black Label Tavern at 34110 Plymouth Rd, Livonia
Mudgie’s Deli and Bar serves wines, sandwiches, salads, soups, and plenty more. Traditional and modern seafood specialties, world class wines, and great Detroit happy hours on weekdays from 4pm to 6pm are available at Joe Muer.
Takoi has happy hours near you on Wednesday from 5pm to 7:30pm while HopCat provides liqour discounts from 3pm to 6pm.
Johnny Blacks Public House serves some of the best black angus beef, turkey, chicken, natural aged cheeses, gourmet toppings, fresh salads, grilled chicken, handmade meatloaf, and macaroni and cheese as well as non alcoholic drinks, draft and bottled beers, wines, and cocktails and even offers happy hours in Sterling Heights starting at 3pm.
Local happy hour specials are available on weekdays from 3pm to 6pm at The Black Label Tavern in Livonia.
We have also written about:
- Vodka, Tequila & More Alcohol In Cleveland
- Vodka, Tequila & More Alcohol In Grand Rapids
- Vodka, Tequila & More Alcohol In Indianapolis
- Vodka, Tequila & More Alcohol In Chicago
Enjoy Drinking Wine, Liquor, & Beer In Detroit
We wish we had more to share but we will try to keep this page as up to date as we can. Hopefully you learned at least a little something about all of the local liquor stores, wine shops, breweries, beer bars, wine bars, wineries, vineyards, and happy hours in your area.
Don’t be afraid to let us know if you found anything incorrect on this page in the comments, we want to keep this info as accurate as we can. Now go have fun drinking wine, liquor, or beer in Detroit.