Over the next few minutes you will be going on a deep dive into where you can buy wine, liquor, and beer in Milwaukee. Our only real goal is to cover as much as we can in this local alcohol guide.
Kicking this off will be a list of the best liquor stores and wine shops in your area. Those that are ready to go pick up a bottle of vodka, tequila, wine, or a case of beer will be filled in first so they can get the party started soon.
Once the stores are out of the way we will get into the best local breweries and beer bars, and a list of Milwaukee wine bars will follow that up. Wineries and vineyards will get a shout out, and we will round this all out by mentioning some of the best happy hours near you to buy cheap alcoholic drinks after your work day ends.
Towards the end you will find an alcohol map for your area with all of the various venues we are mentioning pinned on it. Check out all of our blogs about wine and beer bars around the Midwest at that link if you want.
Best Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In Milwaukee
Our favorite liquor stores and wine shops in Milwaukee to buy vodka, tequila, a case of beer, or a bottle of wine would be:
- Discount Liquor at 5031 W Oklahoma Ave
- Otto’s Wine Cask at 4600 W Brown Deer Rd
- Waterford Wine & Spirits at 2120 N Farwell Ave
- Nonfiction Natural Wines at 800 E Potter Ave
- Avenue Wine & Liquor at 4075 S Howell Ave
- Waukesha Liquor at 507 S Grand Ave
- Downer Wine & Spirits at 2638 N Downer Ave
- Oklahoma Liquor at 933 W Oklahoma Ave
- OK Liquor at 10711 W Oklahoma Ave, West Allis
- Ray’s Wine & Spirits at 8930 W North Ave, Wauwatosa
For over 59 years Discount Liquor has become one of the premier destinations in town for wines, spirits, and beers with excellent full service. They make every effort to have the best of the best in all things of high value.
With seven locations throughout the metropolitan area Otto’s Wine Cask is ready to help you discover the perfect bottle. Downer sells a variety of fine wines, cold beers, and spirits. Oklahoma Liquor has been one of the go to places for premium wines, beers, and liquors in your area since 1969.
Ray’s Wine & Spirits has something for everyone with over 8,000 wines, 2,000 spirits, and 1,000 beers near you.
Breweries & Beer Bars Near You
There are some nice breweries and beer bars in town like:
- Lakefront Brewery at 1872 N Commerce St
- Third Space Brewing at 1505 W St Paul Ave
- MobCraft Beer Brewery and Taproom at 505 S 5th St
- Third Space Brewing at 1505 W St Paul Ave
- Wizard Works Brewing at 231 E Buffalo St
- Raised Grain Brewing at 1725 Dolphin Dr #B, Waukesha
- Layman Brewing at 6001 W Madison St, West Allis
- Big Head Brewing at 6204 W State St, Wauwatosa
You can order beers and merchandise from Third Space Brewing’s taproom and pick them up at the bar when they’re ready or pre-order them through their online store. Enjoy your drink then stroll over to the local beer garden to soak up some rays.
Wizard Works Brewing specializes in hand-crafted traditional-styled beer with a splash of magic and you may appreciate their beers in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Layman Brewing is a traditional Wisconsin brewpub where you can socialize, listen to acoustic music, or play board games while tasting their delicious simple food and exquisite beers.
Wine Bars In Milwaukee
Milwaukee wine bars are a great place to relax with friends as well as being good options for a date night:
- Wine Bar & Store at 219 E Erie St
- Balzac at 1716 N Arlington Pl
- Thief Wine Shop & Bar at 400 N Water St
- Spring City Wine House at 336 W Main St, Waukesha
- Voyager at 422 E Lincoln Ave
- Corvina Wine at 6038 W Lincoln Ave, West Allis
- The Ruby Tap at 1341 N Wauwatosa Ave 1341 N Wauwatosa Ave, Wauwatosa
Relax and explore nearly 300 wines throughout the day or on a night out in a warm and sophisticated atmosphere at the Wine Bar & Store. Their menu is designed to be a tasting flight allowing you to sample a variety of wines during your visit. A well-curated range of artisan beers, spirits, and cocktails in your area is also available.
Balzac presents six amazing wines paired with five courses which include vegan options for only $70 per person. The Thief Wine Shop & Bar sells a diverse selection of wines from around the world ranging from both classic and emerging regions at all price points. They also have craft beers and spirits to meet all of your needs.
You will discover around 200 wines by the bottle and glass, Wisconsin craft beers, champagnes, sparkling wines, scotch whiskeys, bourbons, and other beverages at Spring City Wine House. A light menu of cheeses, charcuterie, and chocolates is prepared as an extra bonus to your visit.
The Voyager carries sustainably made wines from across the world, a few exceptional cocktails, and seasonal brews. They have a menu of low-cost glass pours and happy hour specials that change on a daily basis.
Corvina Wine boasts a flight of three wines for only $15 and they hold in-store tastings regularly to give you the opportunity to try new vintages or rediscover old favorites in fresh surroundings. Special bottles, wine growler flights, and the current Sister’s Pack can be purchased for curbside pickup at The Ruby Tap.
Wineries & Vineyards In Your Area
Head to one of these wineries or vineyards near you to see how the sausage gets made:
- Apple Works Winery at W179N12536 W Found Du Lac Ave
- Cedar Creek Winery at N70W6340 Bridge Rd
- Chiselled Grape Winery at W64N713 Washington Ave
- Pieper Porch Winery & Vineyard at S67W28435 River Rd
- Spirits Of Norway Vineyard at 22200 W 6 Mile Rd
Apple Works Winery is well-known for its barrel-aged red wines but it also has small appetizers, beers, and wine flights. There are various cocktails available ranging from dry to semi-sweet to choose from.
Aside from producing a vast assortment of high-quality wines Cedar Creek Winery provides a one-of-a-kind experience with daily tastings and tours. They release an array of dry to sweet traditional-style red, white, and rosé grape wines that have earned awards in national and international competitions.
Discover the sexy signature series of wines produced by some of California’s most prominent vineyards at Chiselled Grape Winery. You can also taste a large choice of international wines from Europe and throughout the world.
Pieper Porch Winery & Vineyard brings a diverse collection of wines to your area including River Road Red and delightful lemon wines that are ideal for summer. There are four flight options each with five samples.
Spirits Of Norway Vineyard is open to the public for tours and tastings two weekends per month. Reservations are required for each sampling which is limited to 12 participants.
Best Local Happy Hours
You can buy cheaper alcoholic drinks if you know when and where the best Milwaukee happy hours are:
- O’Lydia’s Bar and Grill at 338 S 1st St
- Taylors at 795 N Jefferson St
- Miller Time Pub & Grill at 509 W Wisconsin Ave
- Blu at 424 E Wisconsin Ave
- Lost Whale at 2151 S Kinnickinnic Ave
- Taylor’s People’s Park at 337 W Main St, Waukesha
- Natty Oaks Pub & Eatery at 11505 W National Ave, West Allis
- West Allis Belair Cantina at 6817 W North Ave, Wauwatosa
- Matty’s Bar & Grille at 14460 W College Ave, New Berlin
O’Lydia’s Bar and Grill features around 16 different beers on tap which are microbrews from your favorite Milwaukee breweries and any type of liquor you desire complete with appetizers, sandwiches, and wonderful pub fare. They host a local happy hour from 2pm to 6pm Monday through Friday.
Enjoy Drinking Wine, Liquor, & Beer In Milwaukee
We wish we had more to share but we will try to keep this page as up to date as we can. Hopefully you learned at least a little something about all of the local liquor stores, wine shops, breweries, beer bars, wine bars, wineries, vineyards, and happy hours in your area.
Don’t be afraid to let us know if you found anything incorrect on this page in the comments, we want to keep this info as accurate as we can. Now go have fun drinking wine, liquor, or beer in Milwaukee.