Thanks for checking out this post on where to buy wine, liquor, and beer in Istanbul. Our alcohol guide will try to cover the topic in as detailed of a way as we possibly can.
A list of the best local liquor stores and wine shops in town will get us going. Anyone that is ready to go pick up a bottle of vodka, tequila, wine, or a case of beer will get their info quick and be ready to head out the door.
Up next we will dive into the best breweries and beer bars in your area, and a list of Istanbul wine bars will follow that up. Wineries and vineyards near you will get a shout out, and we will wrap this up by mentioning some of the best local happy hours where you can buy cheap alcoholic drinks near you after your work day ends.
Towards the end you will find an alcohol map for your area with all of the various venues we are mentioning pinned on it. And everyone is welcome to read some of our other posts on wine, liquor, and beer around Europe.
Best Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In Istanbul
Whether you want to buy a case of beer, some vodka, tequila, wine, or just about any other alcoholic drink you should be able to get them at any of these best liquor stores and wine shops in Istanbul:
- Vinus Wine & Spirits at Teşvikiye, Güzelbahçe Sk. No:33 D:3
- Sensus Wine Boutique at Bereketzade, Kuledibi, Büyük Hendek Cd. No:5
- La Cave at Kılıçali Paşa, Sıraselviler Cd. No:109
- Tabya Tekel at Çınar, 770. Sok No:28
Vinus Wine & Spirits aspires to be an authentic high-quality store in Istanbul. Over 50 Turkish wine products are available for purchase as well as many from Italian and French vineyards, champagnes, proseccos, whiskeys, liqueurs, rums, vodkas, gins, tequilas, beers, accessories, and more.
Sensus Wine Shop is one of the most affordable retailers in the country with more than 400 local wines waiting for you on their shelves. Tabya Tekel is a great place to find a diverse assortment of liquors, snacks, and non-alcoholic beverages near you. They are open from 11:30am to 1:30pm Sunday to Thursday and until 2:30pm Friday and Saturday.
Breweries & Beer Bars Near You
When you want to go sample some new suds or just watch the game with some pals these local breweries and beer bars are a great option:
- Taps Bebek at Bebek Cevdet Paşa Caddesi No 119
- Craft Beer Lab at Sinanpaşa, Şair Nedim Cd. No:4
- The United Pub at Sinanpaşa, Şht. Asım Cd. No:26
- Joker No.19 at Sinanpaşa, Beşiktaş Cd. No:19
- Corner Irish Pub at Asmalı Mescit, Meşrutiyet Cd. No:11/A Galatasaray
Taps Bebek uses four principal raw ingredients to make their beer including barley malt, hops, yeast, and water in order to keep its purity and naturalness. It’s also a terrific spot to hang out where you can enjoy delectable dishes and fresh cocktails while listening to great music and taking in the view of the Bosphorus.
Wine Bars In Istanbul
Wine bars in your area are a great place for a date, a business meeting, or to hang out with a big group of friends:
- Mila Cafe Bar at Caferağa, Miralay Nazım Sk. No:6 D:6A
- Comedus at Asmalı Mescit, Meşrutiyet Cd. No:107 B D:C
- Ambiyans at Asmalı Mescit, Tünel Gç. No:1/C
You may taste a broad choice of wonderful wines paired with a variety of menu options at Mila Cafe Bar from 11am to 2pm every day.
Wineries & Vineyards In Your Area
If you want to check out a winery and vineyard near Istanbul head to Solera Winery.
Local Happy Hours
- Balkon Bar & Food at Asmalı Mescit, Şehbender Sk. #5
- Moretenders’ Cocktail Crib & Sushi at Asmalı Mescit, Müeyyet Sk. #5
- Skull & Bones at Kemankeş Karamustafa Paşa, Mumhane Cd. #26
Balkon serves Turkish and Mediterranean food late into the night and has nice options for happy hour. You can read more of our posts on:
- Sofia Wineries & Breweries
- Athens Wineries & Breweries
- Bucharest Wineries & Breweries
- Kiev Wineries & Breweries
Enjoy Drinking Wine, Liquor, & Beer In Istanbul
For the time being that is all we have to share but check back in because we will do our best to keep this page updated. After reading about all of those local liquor stores, wine shops, breweries, beer bars, wine bars, wineries, vineyards, and happy hours near you we think you are ready to accomplish your goal.
Do us a favor and mention if we got anything incorrect or if any of the above places have closed down in the comments so we can keep the lists up to date. Now have fun drinking wine, liquor, or beer in Istanbul.