If you are hoping to learn about where to buy wine, liquor, and beer in Phoenix you have definitely come to the right place. Our alcohol guide will try to cover the topic in as detailed of a way as we possibly can so that you can make the right decision on how to proceed.
A list of the best local liquor stores and wine shops in town will get us going. Anyone that is ready to go pick up a bottle of vodka, tequila, wine, or a case of beer will get their info quick and be ready to head out the door.
Up next we will dive into the best breweries and beer bars near you, and a list of Phoenix wine bars will follow that up. Wineries and vineyards in your area will get a shout out, and we will wrap this up by mentioning some of the best local happy hours where you can buy cheap alcoholic drinks after your work day ends.
Towards the end you will find an alcohol map for the area with all of the various venues we are mentioning pinned on it. And everyone is welcome to read some of our other blogs about where to grab a drink in this part of the world.
Best Liquor Stores & Wine Shops In Phoenix
Whether you want to buy a case of beer, some vodka, tequila, wine, or just about any other alcoholic drink you should be able to get them at any of these best liquor stores and wine shops in Phoenix:
- Lucky’s Liquor at 2328 N 16th St
- Alamo Liquor at 2001 E Van Buren St
- Paradise Liquor Mini Mart at 722 W Southern Ave
- Liquor Wheel 2 at 2209 N 16th St
- Grand Stop at 4039 N 51st Ave
- Super Stop Mesa Liquor Store at 321 W McKellips Rd, Mesa
- Skyline Liquor and Beer at 9950 E Broadway Rd, Mesa
- Chandler Liquors at 554 N Arizona Ave, Chandler
- Trevor’s Liquor at 7340 E McDowell Rd, Scottsdale
- Tops Liquors at 403 W University Dr # 104, Tempe
- Liquor Express at 1605 E Apache Blvd, Tempe
- Royal Liquor at 12252 N 51st Ave, Glendale
Alamo Liquor is a great destination to purchase a vast assortment of fresh brews and innovative spirits. They have been in business for more than two decades and have developed strong relationships with both local and national brewers and distillers.
Chandler Liquors collaborates with thousands of companies in over 1,400 cities to present a sophisticated e-commerce shopping experience with personalized content, competitive and transparent pricing, and an unrivaled collection. It is one of the largest alcohol retailers in the region.
You’ll find a beer cave, a walk-in humidor, a bar, a tasting area, and an extensive range of high-quality beers, wines, spirits, and cigars all under one roof at Trevor’s Liquor. There are two patios one with a game area and the other with a dedicated outdoor cigar lounge and complimentary tastings are held on a regular basis.
Tops Liquors has been family-owned and operated by the Eccles family since 1981 and their options are among the best in the country. They have a knowledgeable staff and a huge variety of beers, wines, and spirits on hand.
Breweries & Beer Bars In Your Area
When you want to go sample some new suds or just watch the game with some pals these local breweries and beer bars are a great option:
- Wren House Brewing at 2125 N 24th St
- Grand Avenue Brewing at 1205 W Pierce St
- Huss Brewing at 100 E Camelback Rd #160
- Simple Machine Brewing at 701 W Deer Valley Rd #1
- Helton Brewing at 2144 E Indian School Rd
- 12 West Brewing at 12 W Main St, Mesa
- Desert Monks Brewing at 1094 S Gilbert Rd #101, Gilbert
- Hop Central Brewing at 5055 W Ray Rd # 2, Chandler
- Fate Brewing at 1312 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale
- Four Peaks Brewing at 1340 E 8th St #104, Tempe,
- Throne Brewing at 17035 N 67th Ave #6
Grand Avenue Brewing is dedicated to bringing exceptional craft beers and delectable dishes to the surrounding community. All beers are handcrafted, unfiltered, and made entirely from natural ingredients. You may explore a wide variety of freshly crafted local beers, a diverse assortment of chef-inspired modern American fare, Midwest staples, and an urban twist on the traditional brewery menu at Huss Brewing
Desert Monks Brewing delivers over 15 taps of their house-brewed craft beers, sodas, and hard kombucha. They can accommodate up to 75 guests for special events like weddings, birthday parties, homecoming celebrations, graduations, and other occasions.
Hop Central Brewing strives to give a wonderful experience for craft beer and wine enthusiasts by providing over 35 taps of domestic and imported beverages. They also give special deals for $8 off bottles of wine, $2 off glasses of wine, and $5 sangria on Wednesday from 2pm to 10pm.
With its family-friendly patio and huge semi-private event facilities Fate Brewing is an ideal place for rehearsal dinners, company parties, personal dinners, and cocktail-style gatherings. They also have more than 300 small-batch beers and a daily happy hour from 11am to 6pm with beers and wines for $5.
Wine Bars In Phoenix
Wine bars in your area are a great place for a date, a business meeting, or to hang out with a big group of friends:
- Genu Wine at 888 N 1st Ave #101
- Rewined Beer and Wine Bar at 3308 N 24th St
- Timo Wine Bar at 8801 N Central Ave #104
- Rott n’ Grapes at 4750 N Central Ave Ste 140
- Postino Arcadia at 3939 E Campbell Ave
- D’Vine Bistro & Wine Bar at 2837 N Power Rd #101
- Peacock Wine Bar at 525 N Gilbert Rd c108, Gilbert
- Pesto’s Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar at 1960 W Ray Rd #4, Chandler
- Terroir Wine Pub at 7001 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale
- Postino Annex at 615 S College Ave, Tempe
Explore more than 20 different flavors of wines and beers accompanied by delectable culinary options at Genu Wine. Small plates are available and you can customize your cheese boards to your preferences. In-store pickup and delivery are both possible at Rewined Beer and Wine Bar from noon to 2pm Tuesday through Saturday.
Rott n’ Grapes is your friendly neighborhood restaurant carrying a large selection of beers and wines. They serve an amazing menu that includes freshly baked pizzas, paninis, bruschettas, a big hearty salad, charcuterie board, and a few other alternatives to keep your tummy from grumbling.
Postino Arcadia has plenty of nooks and crannies where you can cozy up and have an intimate conversation over a bottle of exquisite wine and some delicious bruschetta. There are catering services for any occasion and they can also accommodate large groups of up to 20 people.
If you want to try different types of wines that have been expertly picked to pair with cheeses, chocolates, and small plated foods head to Peacock Wine Bar. Their goal is to create a warm, relaxed, and friendly atmosphere where people can connect while sipping on drinks.
Wineries & Vineyards Near You
While these wineries and vineyards may not be right in town they are worth the drive:
- Salvatore Vineyards Tasting Room at 7064 E 5th Ave
- Aridus Wine Company Tasting Room at 7173 E Main St
- Desert Rock Winery at 7302 E Helm Dr #1002
- LDV Winery at 7134 E Stetson Dr B110
- Winery 101 at 9299 W Olive Ave #101
- Scale & Feather Meadery at 1050 N Fairway Dr Building E
For a special place with indoor and patio seating to enjoy wine by the flight, glass, or bottle the LDV Winery is a great choice. Their tasting room is open daily from 12pm to 11pm and reservations are required for groups of ten or more.
Winery 101 is a family-owned and operated tasting room featuring more than 20 varietals and two lines of wines. Tastings are available from 12pm to 7pm Sunday to Thursday and until 9pm on Friday and Saturday.
Best Local Happy Hours
These happy hours in Phoenix can be a great option to buy cheaper alcoholic drinks after work when you need to unwind:
- Hula’s Modern Tiki at 5114 N 7th St
- The Gladly at 2201 E Camelback Rd
- Windsor at 5223 N Central Ave
- Phoenix City Grille at 5816 N 16th St
- Tipsy Cactus TapRoom & Bottle Shop at 2722 S Alma School Rd #1, Mesa
- High Tide Seafood Bar and Grill at 2540 S Val Vista Dr, Gilbert
- The Brickyard Downtown at 85 W Boston St, Chandler
- Craft 64 at 6922 E Main St, Scottsdale
- Casey Moore’s Oyster House at 850 S Ash Ave, Tempe
- Tim Finnegan’s Irish Restaurant and Pub at 17045 N 59th Ave #103, Glendale
Hula’s Modern Tiki is a contemporary urban twist on iconic 1950’s and 1960’s bars and restaurants located in the heart of one of the best old town areas in Scottsdale. Enjoy their happy hour from 3:30pm to 10pm on Wednesdays and till 6pm for drinks only on Saturdays and Sundays while inhaling some cool tropical air, savoring their diverse menu, and sipping on one of their signature cocktails.
The local chef at The Gladly creates flavorful and unique new-American cuisine that pairs well with an extensive beverage list that includes craft cocktails, over 250 whiskies, and table-side ice balls. They hold daily happy hours for drinks from 11am to 6pm and food from 3pm to 6pm.
Windsor is a fantastic spot to hang out with your friends and celebrate happy hour all day before 5pm. They feature high-quality wine and beer on tap, a robust selection of prohibition cocktails, and a kitchen that serves casual and familiar bar fare with an upscale touch.
Salads, sandwiches, and entrées are all available at Phoenix City Grille along with happy hours from 3pm to 6pm seven days a week. They make every effort to use products that are grown and produced in the local area to bring you wonderful fresh meals. Come for the happy hour at Tipsy Cactus TapRoom & Bottle Shop from 2pm to 7pm.
High Tide Seafood Bar and Grill specializes in steam kettle cooking and host happy hours Monday through Friday from 3pm to 6:30pm. You can unwind at their distinctive Terrazzo counter, order a cocktail from their full bar, and watch your chef prepare your meal right in front of you. They can also help you plan and cater your next event from intimate dinner parties to birthday celebrations and corporate meetings.
Stop by The Brickyard Downtown restaurant from 3pm to 6pm Tuesday through Sunday for happy hour bites and sips. Wood-fired pizza, Arizona craft beer, wine, and cocktails are available at Craft 64 who focuses on natural, organic, and locally-sourced dishes to create an exceptional dining experience and who has a happy hour from 3pm to 6pm every day.
Casey Moore’s Oyster House is one of the most well-known Irish pubs in the local community offering a large array of draught brews, bottled beers, whiskeys, and spirits in addition to some of the finest beef, freshest oysters, and seafood. Explore their daily happy hour from 3pm to 7pm or go to Tim Finnegan’s Irish Restaurant and Pub for happy hour from 4pm to 7pm.
Hop Central Brewing and Fate Brewing from our best breweries and beer bars list also provide happy hours.
You can also read our posts on:
- Where To Get Drunk in Tucson
- Where To Get Drunk in San Diego
- Where To Get Drunk in Los Angeles
- Where To Get Drunk in Las Vegas
Enjoy Drinking Wine, Liquor, & Beer In Phoenix
For the time being that is all we have to share but check back in because we will do our best to keep this page updated. After reading about all of those local liquor stores, wine shops, breweries, beer bars, wine bars, wineries, vineyards, and happy hours near you we think you are ready to accomplish your goal.
Do us a favor and mention if we got anything incorrect or if any of the above places have closed down in the comments so we can keep the lists up to date. Now have fun drinking wine, liquor, or beer in Phoenix.